Bidons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
In fact croissant means growing, so a crescent moon is a growing one. Unless it is served with jam
I think I would like a growing croissant, as a bon vivant meself, like.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
In fact croissant means growing, so a crescent moon is a growing one. Unless it is served with jam

Hmm, butter & jam, definitely grows my belly. Never did like the way the French dip them in their coffee tho'.

I will confess to not knowing what a bidon is & some of those other terms (peloton, dossard, mussette) what????

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Halfords used to do a bidon/bottle/cycling-specific-liquid-receptacle-thingy with a flip cap, and very good it was too.
Perfect for my really mucky commute through country lanes.
Only snag was that I, being unable to ride no-handed, still had to remove the flip cap with my teeth which somewhat defeated the object. But, it still seemed better than sucking from the road debris spattered nozzle!

I've got mudguards see the picture there <---- :smile:

I find on the cow-shitty roads, the bottle on the downtube is fine, but the one on the seat tube gets gritty. So I just got two bottles the same, and when I swap them over (I can't reach the seat tube bottle easily) I swap the lids too. This has worked fine so far.

I used to row on the Thames tideway, that is down stream from an often-overwhelmed sewerage treatment plant. Lids were vital, if you didn't want to get e-coli that is.

(I hope @Citius insists on ordering pig and cow in restaurants. Beef and pork definitely entered the language via pseuds wanting to separate themselves from the hoi polloi .... are greek roots acceptable, or do with have to stick with strict saxon? Edit: no, saxon is a german language, right? I need some guidance here.)

Last edited:

Tim Hall

Beef and pork definitely entered the language via pseuds wanting to separate themselves from the hoi polloi
Hoi polloi, not the hoi polloi, shirley. Have we discussed schadenfreude yet?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It works both ways-in bike shops here in FroggieLand , MTBs are 27 or 29ers, laptops/tablets quoted in pouches(inches)

Bon journee a tous :biggrin:
I could critique that, I suppose, given a dossier of such terms, or maybe a more laissez faire attitude is needed in our millieu.

Top Bottom