Bidons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldbloke

Guru
I'll stick with 'bottle'. I would be willing to bet that 80% of English-speaking cyclists would not know what a 'bidon' is.

Anyway, my first bidons bottles did have flip covers. I am not sure what I did with them (I have not seen them for years). I stopped using them because they were only 500 mL capacity and I use 750 mL SIS bottles now.

Imperial liquid measures only please Colin:biggrin:

bpsmith

Veteran
It amazes me that I did my O-levels using metric system units over 40 years ago but all this time later we are still sticking with the daft imperial system in day-to-day life here!
So you won't use Bidon, because that's French, but want to use KM's like they use in France. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So you won't use Bidon, because that's French, but want to use KM's like they use in France. :smile:
The metric system is used all over the world, including here. The problem is that switching over all the road signs etc. would be very costly and UKIP would probably have a field day with it!

You only have to try and calculate the density of something whose size is measured in feet and inches and whose weight is measured in cwt, stones, pounds and ounces and compare that with how easy it is to do the same with metres and kgs. I don't care how big Henry VIII's feet were - let's join the 21st century!

Spit & wipe. Done. :rolleyes:

U

User169

Watching Gent-Wevelgem yesterday, I remarked several times on the "formation of riders caused by the cross-winds whereby the riders formed a diagonal-line across the road to shelter from the storm".

Top Bottom