Big jessie for tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I think I'll take the bus to work tomorrow !! The wind is battering off the walls at the mo, and is forecast on Metcheck as being about 36mph (gusts to 56mph) at 6am tomorrow, increasing to 49mph (gusts to 77mph) by 9am, with around 30+ mph (gusts to 52mph) by hometime at 3.45pm.

None of which sound particularly safe for cycling in, so I'll be a big jessie for the day and travel in by bus :biggrin:

Anyone else having second thoughts about cycling tomorrow ?

Disappointing :biggrin:

No but day off but as I haven't missed a cycle commute in five years I dont plan to start now.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
If it's tipping down like it is the noo, then no.
Ms tdr1nka doesn't need to get drenched on the way to school!
I'm not so worried by the wind as I'm continually compensating for Ms tdr1nka who does like to fidget making the tag-a-long pull me from side to side.

Come to think of it, if you need to practice riding in strong and unpredictable winds attach a 5 year old on a tag-a-long tandem for a simple simulation.

T x

col

Legendary Member
It was that bad here,i was getting buffered all over the place at work,on certain roads.Not a cycling day i think.

For once there will be no 'big jessie' from me. This morning on the local news they were suggesting gusts of up to 80mph were possible. That would make a great tail wind, but not such a great cross-wind :ohmy:xx(.

My wife had the car this morning, the Erskine Bridge was closed so everyone and their granny was going through the Clyde Tunnel. It was a taxi for me (a rare treat!)

The finger's on the mend now and looking like a finger again. I'll be back on the bike next week for sure. Thank goodness for antibiotics (on this occasion I think I probably did need them!!)

Tetedelacourse

Cycle today? Aye, f u c k that.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
ive done it in the past and my radge neighbour over the road has been known to jump the barrier but alas not an effin chance today ;)

Top Bottom