Big lass not at the front....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nonethewiser

Sounds like you are having fun and that is a great looking bike. I returned to the fold late last year and bought a road bike. Boy did it feel twitchy to start with and signalling gave me some initial frights as well. I learnt to relax my vice-like grip on the bars, which helped a lot and now I can signal confidently without wobbling alarmingly in the traffic. In fact the one thing I was nervous about, using the combined brake levers/gear shifters as I'd never owned a bike so equipped, gave me the least problems. Now I'm trying to get to grips with pulling the water bottle out of its cage and drinking whilst on the move. That has given me some interesting wobbles for sure!

tom73

Guru
Sounds like you are having fun and that is a great looking bike. I returned to the fold late last year and bought a road bike. Boy did it feel twitchy to start with and signalling gave me some initial frights as well. I learnt to relax my vice-like grip on the bars, which helped a lot and now I can signal confidently without wobbling alarmingly in the traffic. In fact the one thing I was nervous about, using the combined brake levers/gear shifters as I'd never owned a bike so equipped, gave me the least problems. Now I'm trying to get to grips with pulling the water bottle out of its cage and drinking whilst on the move. That has given me some interesting wobbles for sure!

I know exactly what you mean things soon get sorted and once you learn to relax your grip its 1/2 the battle. I found not to over think things and just do them with out really thinking about them. With the bottle thing am about 80 % fine still need to work on it. Saying that taking my left hand off the handle bars well that a very different story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom