Biggins Anti Cycling Mini Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where does he mention driving?

Do I look like I give a damn?

Tim Hall

Ditto. It didn't help. He was Nero in I, Clavdivs - kudos - and an extra Rocky Horror Picture Show 40 something years ago. I do not know why a tabloid would be interviewing him.

Plus they made a multi-episode series of Cluedo???
Diving into IMDB to research I CLAVDIVS, I see that Nigel Pargeter's, off of The Archers, alter ego was also in it. That's my Thing I Have Learned Todsy.

I'm pretty sure Biggins has reached national treasure status by now, hasn't he? Anyway, it's been panto season and he's a dame so it's his time of year. He's been doing Aladdin in Richmond so you probably could've caught him.
That probably explains why I expected my search to give me a reason I recognised the name. I guess "seen it on posters" is probably the answer.

Last pantomime dame I saw (and probably will ever see) was Sir Ian McKellan. I'm certainly not going to sully that memory with Christopher "Who?" Biggins.

I wonder if they billed him as "last surviving cast member of porridge"? Note, pointing out that is not true will not make you look smart :tongue:

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Funny I was just reading the following from Clarkson. He seems to have a point:-

The bike needs to be two feet from the kerb to be safe. It is a foot wide and it needs five feet of clearance. That’s eight feet for a bicycle, which on most normal British roads leaves two feet for the car or truck to get past safely.

Think I might need my tin hat here but seriously there are ar soles on bikes, in cars and all walks of life.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
He's playing in Aladdin in Richmond right now if you are a fan or perhaps you just wan't to throw some flowers at him.

http://www.atgtickets.com/shows/aladdin/richmond-theatre/

38667_full.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Funny I was just reading the following from Clarkson. He seems to have a point:-

The bike needs to be two feet from the kerb to be safe. It is a foot wide and it needs five feet of clearance. That’s eight feet for a bicycle, which on most normal British roads leaves two feet for the car or truck to get past safely.

Think I might need my tin hat here but seriously there are ar soles on bikes, in cars and all walks of life.

Sounds like Clarkson is just confirming that a bike should be treated the same as a car in terms of size. Sounds good to me. If it is not safe to overtake a car sized object, then don't overtake.

ozboz

Guru
I once heard Biggins slagging off cyclists jumping red lights on telly , it was a while ago , some sort of chat show , I seem to remember him in a bad comedy show , maybe in the eighties ,

Top Bottom