Biggins Anti Cycling Mini Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
My life has been a series of fleeting encounters with Christopher Biggins.

When I was 16, I was returning from France on a hovercraft at the end of a cycle-touring holiday with a couple of friends. Biggins and his agent were sitting in the row behind us, arguing about some job he was supposed to be doing.

On another occasion, I had a personal phone call from him to thank me after I wrote a positive piece about a TV show he was appearing in. Unfortunately, I missed the call as I was out to lunch so only heard his somewhat effusive voicemail message when I returned. It sounded like he'd been out to lunch as well - of the liquid kind.

On yet another occasion, I was having dinner at the Ivy and he was at a neighbouring table, boisterously telling showbiz anecdotes to a large party.

I do hope my next encounter with him is not being knocked off my bike by him when I fail to give him enough room to pass.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think that you will find that "the real world" is more often like that than not.

And in the times it is not, the onus is on the vehicle behind to wait for a safe passing place rather than the person in front to pull to the side of the road and doff their hat.

Top Bottom