Biggins Anti Cycling Mini Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Who? Is that like Donald Trump?

Bad Company

Very Old Person
Sounds like Clarkson is just confirming that a bike should be treated the same as a car in terms of size. Sounds good to me. If it is not safe to overtake a car sized object, then don't overtake.

So all traffic would flow at around the speed of your milk float. Sorry that’s crazy.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
An extra Rocky Horror Picture Show 40 something years ago.

He’s dancing in the Time Warp segment:
christopher-biggins.jpg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
As far as rants go I'd give it a 1/10 - not worth a thread really but hey it's cold out

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No, that’s not what I mean. If cars are coming up behind me I move towards the kerb to help and expect them to give me 3 feet of space. We all have to share the roads.

We expect it but it very rarely happens.
My convenience and my safety first before any motorist. Riding near a kerb is not safe riding. Nothing is that important that a motorist has to overtake a cyclist too close.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
No, that’s not what I mean. If cars are coming up behind me I move towards the kerb to help and expect them to give me 3 feet of space. We all have to share the roads.

Well now you put it like that.... I still don’t agree. If it is not safe I am not putting myself in danger to allow someone to squeeze me against the curb.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Strange because I had a very nice chat about cycling with Mr B a couple of years ago in Regents Park. I even invited him to join me in a ride.

johnnyb47

Guru
Biggins used to front a kids show back in the 80s called "On Safari" with Gillian Tailforth ( I think that's how her second name is spelt. I used loath him back then but when I saw him on " I'm a celebrity get me out of here" my opinion changed over night. He was hilarious in the jungle and seemed a thoroughly decent chap.

Top Bottom