Bike accident? No win no fee lawyers - any recommendations or avoidance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
You got "T-boned and ended up travelling on the bonnet of the vehicle that hit me(drunk driver amongst other things) I'd advise staying down only if you think there may be further injury in moving"

Really? Getting "T-boned and ended up travelling on the bonnet of the vehicle that hit me(drunk driver amongst other things)"
Not something I'd make up.

OP
OP
B

Bonacentral

Seems a bit harsh. Some of us like it here, and there's some really sound advice. @Drago is quite opinionated but he knows a lot and isn't a troll.

You've behaved a bit like someone turning up at a club and being rude to everyone straightaway, without taking time to suss them out a bit.

Possibly. I did try to make everything crystal clear from all perspectives and made the post as clear as I could.

Would have appreciated advice from people that had actually been in an accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tin Pot

Guru
You've had a hard time getting compensation for your accident - I'm sure we can all sympathise with that.

Being knocked over at all is something almost all of us are daily outraged by.

So we have a lot in common.

Would have appreciated advice from people that had actually been in an accident instead of people who haven't but who enjoy judging people.
I don't want to pile on, but what advice are you looking for? You've settled, there really is nothing more to be done ....

... unless you feel your lawyer has let you down badly enough that you want to report him/her to the regulatory body.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't want to pile on, but what advice are you looking for? You've settled, there really is nothing more to be done ....

There doesn't seem to have been that many examples of lawyers and successes:
Anyone else have any information about these lawyers and success?
so I guess more would be appreciated.

OP
OP
B

Bonacentral

You've had a hard time getting compensation for your accident - I'm sure we can all sympathise with that.

Being knocked over at all is something almost all of us are daily outraged by.

So we have a lot in common.

Was a general query to see how others have fared and give advice to people in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Blathering on about nicking someone for making a malicious 999 call is pretty stupid in the context of a cyclist starfished in the road with broken bones.

If people have taken it completely wrong - because they can't read English - I don't see that as my problem, sorry.
If no one understands you, that is your problem. Communication is measured by how successfully you communicate. As we don't understand what you are saying, then you have failed to communicate.

Maybe people that have been in the same situation? Why post on a thread you have no experience or can contribute any help to?
Wow, you are a piece of work. I sincerely regret coming to your defence. And I apologise to @Drago for taking your side.

As for no experience , what part of "When I was knocked off my bike" did you not understand? I can't contribute to the thread, because I still don't know what advice you are looking for.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Maybe people that have been in the same situation? Why post on a thread you have no experience or can contribute any help to?
You've settled your claim, is that correct? In which case you'll be outside of many time limits for bringing another.

If at any stage prior to accepting, you felt you were getting a raw deal, then was the time to say so.

Once you've agreed settlement, your options are limited. You could always take those, that you chose to represent you, to court. But that might mean having to pay back any monies gained, before starting such action. You then have a two way fight on your hands. One for the initial case(those parts you can still claim for) and proving the standard of service was below the expected level for which you were paying.

The Law Society has a system in place, but you have a lot to prove to them. Not easy, but doable. Assuming that the other side don't want to make a case of it, and are happy to pass their paperwork onto someone who will then be acting against them.

Just hope you have everything written down. Times, dates, names & numbers, as a minimum.

classic33

Leg End Member
There doesn't seem to have been that many examples of lawyers and successes:

so I guess more would be appreciated.
Is it normal to be expect to be told how much someone received, when there's so many variables. Including the fact that many don't want others to know?

Top Bottom