bike advice, do not read if it will annoy you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karen.488walker

am clueless. spending £1000 ish,
contenders are
Willier mortirolo, carbon frame but low spec? £15oo ish
Trek 2.5 good spec but al frame. £1300ish
Cube WLS comp £1200 because I fancy one.
I know this is a question asked all the time but I get very confused in the LBS and don't know how to compare them. Please take pity and advise.
xx

ChrisKH

Guru
The only thing I'm annoyed about is that someone else has that much money to spend on a bike. ;)

I'll defer to the experts.

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

My husband has sold my house, moved me to Switzerland and could only get me to move back for a decent bike budget. Would give up the bike for my old house!

darkstar

Go for the Cube if your fancy it. I've got a Cube (Lower spec that the one in question) and it's brilliant! not had any problems with it.

Try and read some stuff about how comfortable these bikes are Karen. Not just for the odd pootle, but in the future when you might want to sit on it all day...night possibly. Ribble is a popular choice, Planet X another. I know a little about Planet X as I went digging around their site last week - looking for a 'comfortable bike'.
Here's a £1k worth or thereabouts...

Compare the equipment to what is specified on your named bikes and see if there are any worthwhile differences - that would be my starting point.

Top Bottom