Bike brands in order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't understand why a bike needs to be stealthy, especially when the rider is Lycra 'd up bright colours!!

Riding on the road outside of the pro peloton surely it's better to be visible not stealthy

bpsmith

Veteran
I love my Matte Black bike. I also love the look of other brightly coloured bikes, but would prefer to have a lower profile bike but with brighter clothing. Having both is too much for me.

bpsmith

Veteran
I tend to go for mostly black bikes as they are so easy to touch up should I manage to mark it in any way but I know what your saying, they can look a bit bland sometimes. On the other hand though, they can look very stealth like and sleek but that really depends on the style of the bike I suppose. I personally think unless you're racing and trying to save as much weight as possible, there's no need for carbon. I love my carbon TCR and am only now getting used to the geometry but my previous aluminium Felt was much more comfortable
Is that more to do with the geometry than the material?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Apart from the Pashley I have never had a black bike. I have one on order now mainly because like a Model T it only come in black. I am looking on the brightside by thinking that it now opens up my wardrobe to a whole new set of colours as everything goes with black.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I love my Matte Black bike. I also love the look of other brightly coloured bikes, but would prefer to have a lower profile bike but with brighter clothing. Having both is too much for me.
Agreed. I don't like my bike to stand out too much in a crowd as it would probably imply that I'm a better rider than I actually am :laugh:

These days, I don't personally buy bikes from any big brands, I stick to British companies
Pearson
Genesis
Planet X
(Just sold a Whyte)

I'll never buy a Specialized, nor a Giant, probably not Trek nor Cannondale

If I get another bike, it'll be something astonishingly beautiful and expensive in titanium from Condor :wub:

Italian made frame so would that not make the condor .....Italian more than British

Rourke or good old Yorkshire frame builder woodrupp in Leeds. True British

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think at my size, I may go to Humble. Near to me, in Chicago.
http://www.humbleframeworks.cc/
tumblr_ncewbvKQ7p1qf9cc5o1_500.jpg

Looks nice, durable, and distinctive. (Expensive, as well. But bespoke.)

JPBoothy

Veteran
I whittled my bike collection down to just 1 (Cannondale CAADX), but it's creeping back up again. I bought a Genesis Flyer Single Speed in the summer, and have now spotted a lovely end of season bargain Colnago ACR. My wife can't understand why I want another, but I just like bikes! Anybody out there got a Colnago and wish to comment? I know it's only entry level, but it's still a Colnago:wub:

Vickster is right though, buy what you like, not what you think others will like..

Top Bottom