Bike components that you hate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
They could be something that came with the bike, or something you bought afterwards. But what have you had on your bike that has made you think 'well, this is crap'.

For me, it's the Yksion Elite tyres that came with my Road Pro Carbon SLR. In terms of 'performance' I can't see how they're any better than the Vittoria Zaffiro ones that came with the old bike.

The main bug bear is the lack of seemingly any puncture protection. The bike they're on is my good one so I'm not riding it that often but I reckon about 1 puncture every 50 miles at least.

What bike part has really wound you up?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Didn't exactly wind me up, but these plastic brake levers weren't really up to the job.......

a2d64e50-2542-43fd-9bc2-aa72b6bbda2a.jpg

Ajax Bay

Guru
the Yksion Elite tyres . . . the main bug bear is the lack of seemingly any puncture protection. The bike they're on is my good one
Why have you not replaced them?
Lesson identified: this make/model of tyre seems vulnerable to punctures.
Lesson learnt: Replace with tyres with more puncture resistance.

NickNick

The Weinmann deep rims that came with my previous bike, they weigh a ton, water collects in them and is a nightmare to take out and the Assus (presume its a different co to the computer one) freewheel the rear wheel was fitted with died way too soon.

vickster

Legendary Member
Shimano hoods

U

User33236

The Vision 30 wheelset that came with my Planet-X.

Nigh on impossible getting tyres off or on even in the warmth of my home. Got rid before I had to attempt it roadside!

vickster

Legendary Member
They could be something that came with the bike, or something you bought afterwards. But what have you had on your bike that has made you think 'well, this is crap'.

For me, it's the Yksion Elite tyres that came with my Road Pro Carbon SLR. In terms of 'performance' I can't see how they're any better than the Vittoria Zaffiro ones that came with the old bike.

The main bug bear is the lack of seemingly any puncture protection. The bike they're on is my good one so I'm not riding it that often but I reckon about 1 puncture every 50 miles at least.

What bike part has really wound you up?
Stock bikes often have poor tyres or simply components you don't want. Hence, my more expensive bikes are built to my spec.

Another bugbear... 42-44cm handlebars on 54cm bikes with no option to change if buying off the peg. Adds a good £50 to any roadbike purchase for me!

Top Bottom