Bike components that you hate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Oh please. Yes pleaaaaaaaaaaaase.

I hung on to my old 1972 aluminium pump with the hose in the handle until it finally croaked a few years ago, and I've never found anything satisfactory to replace it with. (I made a pair of pump pegs to carry it when I bought a bike without them.)
Try either a Zefal HPX or a Topeak Road Masterblaster. Both are full length frame fit pumps that can achieve "proper" pressures.

presta

Guru
Try either a Zefal HPX or a Topeak Road Masterblaster. Both are full length frame fit pumps that can achieve "proper" pressures.
Frame fit are easy to find, the problem with them is that there's no hose. Zefal still sell plastic pumps with a hose in the handle, but they're aimed at the cheap end of the market: the hoses don't last, and the pump melts.

Drago

Legendary Member
Hope hydraulics.

robjh

Legendary Member
Could be. Yksi means "one". Yksiö means a studio flat (a flat for one), I think, rather than an artist's studio. But I'm not really sure.
It could just be a silly name that they invented.
I was going to say, humorously* that a two-room apartment must be a kaksiö. Then I found this
upload_2017-10-12_20-0-36.png

*and to show off a really very limited knowledge of Finnish

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
They could be something that came with the bike, or something you bought afterwards. But what have you had on your bike that has made you think 'well, this is crap'.

For me, it's the Yksion Elite tyres that came with my Road Pro Carbon SLR. In terms of 'performance' I can't see how they're any better than the Vittoria Zaffiro ones that came with the old bike.

The main bug bear is the lack of seemingly any puncture protection. The bike they're on is my good one so I'm not riding it that often but I reckon about 1 puncture every 50 miles at least.

What bike part has really wound you up?
I've got Yksion Comp tyres on my winter bike, getting on for 1000 miles so far, no punctures, no complaints.

Top Bottom