Bike computer and heart rate moniter recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merida100

Regular
Hi am looking to get a bike computer with cadence as seems a good way to help with training .
Or would a heart rate moniter be the best way to go,would be looking at a budget of £100 .
Anyone recommend a good one of either .

Tomba

Cadence computer for £15 you can get heart rate monitors from £10 upwards depending on how serious you want to take it.

The Polar brand gets good reviews but think they start at £30ish

ushills

Veteran
+1 for that bike computer.

I use a polar HRM for cycling an RS200, it is more running based but more flexible to use as it is watch based rather than just handlebar mounted.

I use the HRM more for training to ensure I stay in my selected HR zone and do not push too hard and fatigue myself. Google Karvonian for suitable non-age based HR limits.

Using cadence, 85-100 rpm and the HRM will keep your training on track but don't become too anal about it. I generally check mine when I get back as I now have a good feel of when I'm in the zone.

PS. www.heartratemonitors.co.uk is a good site for HRM's and was good value when I got mine. Try to get one that allows you to upload the data and has configurable zones.

OP
OP
merida100

merida100

Regular
+1 for that bike computer.

I use a polar HRM for cycling an RS200, it is more running based but more flexible to use as it is watch based rather than just handlebar mounted.

I use the HRM more for training to ensure I stay in my selected HR zone and do not push too hard and fatigue myself. Google Karvonian for suitable non-age based HR limits.

Using cadence, 85-100 rpm and the HRM will keep your training on track but don't become too anal about it. I generally check mine when I get back as I now have a good feel of when I'm in the zone.

PS. www.heartratemonitors.co.uk is a good site for HRM's and was good value when I got mine. Try to get one that allows you to upload the data and has configurable zones.
Hi thanks for info will have a look at the sites
Thanks Ady

Top Bottom