Bike Fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Yep, you're doing really well, but still early days. Give yourself some recovery/rest days - your body will soon stop complaining, although seat comfort may have to be tweaked a bit to find true comfort.
Keep it up
Cheers Keith

Goggs

Guru
I think you're doing really well mate, considering you've not been riding for long. I think aches & pains are to be expected at first as your body becomes accustomed to adopting a position that is far from natural. I strongly suspect the £200 is going to be a waste of money. What if you're already in the correct position & you do just have to get used to it - do they still take your money?

Sorry, I'm a tad cynical about these things. It's your money.

Complete waste of money unless you're competing and need to be spotted for maximum performance, in my opinion.

You can and should make minor adjustment yourself and it's just simple logic really, a slight change in angle away from a pressure point will relieve pressure.

And lastly (in my opinion) the human body is more adaptable than any bike, so just continued riding can often solve such probs.

huwsparky

Über Member
At 5ft 7inch I'd say a 51cm is on the small side. If like me you have proportionally long legs also you may find that you have a big drop from seat to bars.

A person whos lower than they feel comfortable on a bike should edge for a larger frame not a smaller one.

Can you post a side on picture of your bike?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
At 5ft 7inch I'd say a 51cm is on the small side. If like me you have proportionally long legs also you may find that you have a big drop from seat to bars.

A person whos lower than they feel comfortable on a bike should edge for a larger frame not a smaller one.

Can you post a side on picture of your bike?
cannondales tend to have a long top tube , im the same height and i would go for a 51 giving a 52.4 ( ?) top tube with a 100 -110 mm stem for my current fit.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
bike sounds right size for height. Is it a Synapse (or CAAD8), or a Supersix evo ?(CAAD10, CAAD12) fit? The latter has a shorter head tube and a longer top tube. Like someone else said, move things around. It's your bike, you can flip the stem, move the levers back on the bars, move the saddle forward, or back, or rotate it a bit, but try things a little at a time. There are fairly decent videos out there for setting your saddle height and position, but I think that bar position after that is just far too personal to be done watching a video.

huwsparky

Über Member
Plenty of experts here @cyberknight.

@Tin Pot being one of the very best!:laugh:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I will not say anything against him/her (?) it just seemed that saying something will not fit me when they havent seen me sans bike size is what shall we say , jumping the gun by using such a statement.

I read him as saying it wasn't too small, but there you go...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

huwsparky

Über Member
Ok @Tin Pot. What would you say, would be the best way forward for the op with regards to his fit on his bike taking into consideration what he has actually told us? My guess is that the front of the bike is too low.

Fact is, not everyone of the same height will feel most comfortable on the same frame. A larger frame could well be more comfortable for the op as everything he has told us suggests that the front of his bike is to low for him.

Kajjal

Guru
Forgot to mention having a very uncomfortable saddle will mean your body tries to shift weight forwards to relive the pain as well.

Top Bottom