Bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weareHKR

There is quite a few in York, however, most seem to be closed due to the present crisis... :hello:
This one has the Jig - York Cycle Works

Why are you after a jig type fit ? When I had one 15 years ago it led me my only proper injury (ITB). I had my first 'on bike' type of 7 years ago, which lowered my saddle and touch wood I've not had a problem since. It might be unrelated but the saddle height suggested by the jig springs out to me as the issue :-/

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
A quick google shows that you’re going to have to travel, as nothing comes up in Castleford/Pontefract or Wakefield, nearest seems to be Meanwood, Ripponden or Ilkley.

weareHKR

Why are you after a jig type fit ? When I had one 15 years ago it led me my only proper injury (ITB). I had my first 'on bike' type of 7 years ago, which lowered my saddle and touch wood I've not had a problem since. It might be unrelated but the saddle height suggested by the jig springs out to me as the issue :-/
I think the ''JIGS'' may have moved on a tad in the last 15 years DRM... :laugh:

OP
OP
David L

David L

Über Member

just fancied a fit that i could transfer bike to bike rarther than fitting to a specific bike.

also thinking it would help me choose the correct size when i next get a new bike in the next few months

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
just fancied a fit that i could transfer bike to bike rarther than fitting to a specific bike.

also thinking it would help me choose the correct size when i next get a new bike in the next few months

Fit will change in that time as your body changes and your riding changes.

An 'on bike' fit should supply you with the dimensions if you wish to use them and advise you on the correct size of bike you need in future (mine have). The different geometry of bikes mean it won't be 100% valid (on bike or jig) though but it'll be a good starting point for the future. A follow up 'on bike' fit should help with the after changes, tweak it appropriately. The fitter I used last won't charge much for a follow up/ tweak. Similarly, as your body develops the fit might need tweaking too.

Top Bottom