Bike for 2 year old female.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 5048864, member: 45"]A combination works. A toddler will get further, faster on a trike or with stabilisers, while being more relaxed and getting used to pedalling. You can also pull a child along on one when they're too tired to pedal, which you can't with a balance bike. Using one in conjunction with a balance bike has no ill effects.[/QUOTE]
I was a cruel parent I made my kids walk miles:laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
[QUOTE 5048864, member: 45"]A combination works. A toddler will get further, faster on a trike or with stabilisers, while being more relaxed and getting used to pedalling. You can also pull a child along on one when they're too tired to pedal, which you can't with a balance bike. Using one in conjunction with a balance bike has no ill effects.[/QUOTE]
Yes
thats how we did it, mini ck had a balance bike and bike with stabilzers , swapping when she felt like it.
She was 4 and a half when she rode without stabilizers , could have ben sooner but her birthdays mid winter so it take a few months out of th equation.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'd suggest a balance bike, same as for a for 2 year old male, except of course it should be pink.

My lad was on a balance bike age 2.5, and onto a bike with pedals aged 4.5. Took 20 minutes to get the hang of it, and 40 minutes to be confident. Had some practice on pedal toys at Nursery.

The key is motivation - he saw his Dad come home from work on his bike every day, and had a fantastic time on the back of my bike aged 1.5 on holiday. Cried at the first stop as he thought the ride was over! Now loves his rides with Dad on Saturdays. 6.5 miles, but with several stops, including one for ice cream.

how does your lad travel with you on a ride, his own bike or a tag-along or a seat?
My daughter is too big for a seat but would love to get some more rides in

atbman

Veteran
Many of the kids we teach (one or two each week) are 3 or 4 years old, but we have taught 2 year olds (nearly 3 years IIRC) perfectly successfully. In each case via the balance bike route. We average 50+ kids riding for the first time each year for going on 12/15 years.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
how does your lad travel with you on a ride, his own bike or a tag-along or a seat?
My daughter is too big for a seat but would love to get some more rides in

My lad travels on his own bike, but just for trips around the park. I also have a seat for him. We did some rides with him in the seat over summer, but he's not really into it, and also getting quite heavy for the bike.

Top Bottom