bike lock light weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenmiles

Try this thread Bestest lightest convenient lock

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hey everyone,
I'm sure this has been done to death, but I'm after a decent, lightweight bike lock, for cafe stops. These look perfect for the job (https://hiplok.com/product/z-lok-combo-twin-pack/) but have terrible reviews. Any suggestions for something similar, that might actually work?
I have my eye on one of those but haven't read the reviews. I think you'll find the general view on locks is they need to be substantial to be effective.

I use a very light weight cafe lock. When we stop all the bikes are inter locked and within sight.

Anything you can carry won't be effective against a determined well organised thief. Line of sight is the best lock.

Baldy

Über Member
Hey everyone,
I'm sure this has been done to death, but I'm after a decent, lightweight bike lock, for cafe stops. These look perfect for the job (https://hiplok.com/product/z-lok-combo-twin-pack/) but have terrible reviews. Any suggestions for something similar, that might actually work?
I've some of those, I use them for locking my panniers to the rack. Wouldn't stop a determined thief but would slow down the opportunist.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just bought a Abus Combiflex 2503 retractable to stop [hopefully] an opportunist theft. Its very light and small ie fits in the palm of your hand. The cable extends to 100cm which is long enough to go through both wheels, of course if anyone has a pair of snips and its goodbye bike. Its about 22 squids :okay:
Be careful with one of those in a bag, easy to bugger it up if the combination wheels get accidentally turned!

roley poley

Über Member
My Brompton goes under the table next to me on a cafe stop or when I have the large wheeler use the abus granite lump of steel in the hope it's still there when I return and take the weight sting of it's carriage

Top Bottom