bike lock light weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've never locked my bike at a cafe stop in 40 years.
Keep an eye on the bike or choose better cafes.
Not always an option any more with all the closures due to the cost crises. For example, you try to find a good cafe in Swaffham where the bike can stay with you.

I carry a simple 12mm x 60cm alarmed cable lock as a cafe lock. About £7 a few years ago. It'll slow them enough for me to get there. I'm not walking or bussing home!

footloose crow

Über Member
I made a cafe lock with a 1.2 m length of wire from my sailing dinghy rigging when it was retired (not at all easy to cut through), two crimps to make loops at either end and an old shackle that needs a hex key to undo. It weighs about 70g, cost me nothing and unless someone has a small bolt cutter or a hex key of the right size, will prevent theft.

It isn't for leaving in a busy place but nipping into a shop for a few minutes. Unless the thief is tooled up it stops ( so far anyway) immediate wheeling my bike away. If a thief is tooled up he/she will get through anything I am likely to carry.

I can add a photo if anyone wants but the cat has plonked himself on my lap right now.

Top Bottom