Bike locks and concrete sectional garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the stupid one

Über Member
Cheap way is to box off a corner with any scrap timber. Couple of feet Square is plenty. Any U shape or square scrap metal section ,sit it in the centre and concrete it in .
Totally secure anchor for very little cost.

Hi pjd57 - I'm just checking to see if I've understood this correctly, but is it basically a big free-standing concrete anchor with strong metal hoops sticking out, or somehow attached to the floor/walls? I am liking the big anchor idea, if that's secure enough, I just need to work out how heavy to make it. I've got a giant chrome-vanadium spanner here which I've been considering concreting into something.

lane

Veteran
Worth a look for advice and options

https://securityforbikes.com/

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
you can always lock it to something else in the shed, as long as it's not also mobile.

i'm sure someone on here locked a decent carbon framed bike to an old moped, only for some scrote to saw through it to steal the moped…

Levo-Lon

Guru
Spend the money on the door and get a very loud alarm.
Roof is also a weak point ,again good alarm with pir

Once in the garage with the door down it's so easy to grind a chain as the sound will be muffled.

pjd57

Veteran
Hi pjd57 - I'm just checking to see if I've understood this correctly, but is it basically a big free-standing concrete anchor with strong metal hoops sticking out, or somehow attached to the floor/walls? I am liking the big anchor idea, if that's secure enough, I just need to work out how heavy to make it. I've got a giant chrome-vanadium spanner here which I've been considering concreting into something.
I used a fire hydrant box. The bit that's usually set into the pavement and we don't see it.
Stood it on end and poured the concrete round it.
Any strong metal box will do the trick

Drago

Legendary Member
you can always lock it to something else in the shed, as long as it's not also mobile.

i'm sure someone on here locked a decent carbon framed bike to an old moped, only for some scrote to saw through it to steal the moped…

I know a chap who's Fireblade was at the back of the garage. Johnny Scumbag and chums lifted it out over his car and nicked it, and didn't to the cars paintwork the world of good either.

Fortunately, the guy is a bit of a chump, so we thought it was funny.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
you can always lock it to something else in the shed, as long as it's not also mobile

Like a cheap D lock in a bucket of concrete :okay: I have one in the garage for locking the odd bike to & I'm sure it would be a right ball ache carrying the weight of the anchor along with a bike :laugh: It's usually the tandem that's locked to it, I'd love to try & see someone wheeling a tandem away with a bucket of concrete attached ^_^

PK99

Legendary Member
Like a cheap D lock in a bucket of concrete :okay: I have one in the garage for locking the odd bike to & I'm sure it would be a right ball ache carrying the weight of the anchor along with a bike :laugh: It's usually the tandem that's locked to it, I'd love to try & see someone wheeling a tandem away with a bucket of concrete attached ^_^

mobile angle grinder 1, Cheap D-lock Nil

Drago

Legendary Member
But when you hear the frightful racket and pop outside with a blunt instrument/Beretta/offensive Wife, they'll be jolly well slowed down considerably when you meet them.

Top Bottom