Bike locks and concrete sectional garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
In the end if they want it they will find a way. The harder it is the better they won't want to spend too much time on it. You can bet someone else down the road will a much quicker target than you. They'd rather do over a few in one night than one that take's most of it. If you can also fit a security light nothing like a sudden blast to make them think again before they even get near it. Also a simple and free option is if it's in public view don't go out your way to advertise it by keeping the door open for longer the you need.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good security layered, like an onion. You're thinking about hardening the target - this is good.

However, before they can get to the target in the first place, they have to enter the building.

Before they enter your building, they have to enter your land. Set up your perimeter with PIR sensors and they can't even get onto your property without you knowing about it. At Drago towers weve got full coverage around my front boundary, and it chimes in the house or sends text alerts if were not home. Its impossible to enter my land without us being alerted.

A thief can not steal something if they can't get to it unnoticed.

Unless they have a silent, invisible helicopter it is possible to make it so the thieves simply can not steal something. This idea that "if they want it they'll find away" is, sadly, flawed, and too many people use it as a justification for doing nothing.

tom73

Guru
@Drago I fully agree my comment about "finding a way" is more to say don't over think it and if something happen's don't beat yourself up about it. You can only do what you can at that time. So do the best you can with what you have. Never think you can't as even simple stuff can stop someone.

BeardyAndyM

You know the sad thing is a crim that knows his onions will just cut straight through the frame and take the 2 halves!
It happens a lot due to the high value of wheels/forks etc..

I have a simple ground anchor and long multi strand through the frames. If someone wants 'em there's not much you can do!

Top Bottom