Bike rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

what does anyone recommend for 3 adult bikes - something that won't scratch the paintwork?

Also,

Overnight I thought again about keeping my 20yr old giant (almost regretting spending out on new bike even though I probably need something for the road rather than that old beast). someone mentioned about having 2 bikes! How much do you reckon to replace tyres and sort out gears aparently the pin has gone in the gears ?

bonj2

towbar mounted one.

bonj2

suzi said:
Overnight fancy the idea of keeping my 20yr old giant almost regretting spending out on new bike even though I probably need something for the road rather than that old beast. How much do you reckon to replace tyres and sort out gears aparently the pin has gone in the gears ?

rephrase this so it makes sense.

Danny

Legendary Member
A tow bar mounted rack is the best bet if you have a tow bar.

If not I would suggest you get a Saris Bones. It keeps the bikes well away from the car and is designed to stop them swinging about too much so the chances of scratching your car are much reduced. I've used one for a while and have been very pleased with it.

Slim

Über Member
Dannyg said:
A tow bar mounted rack is the best bet if you have a tow bar.

If not I would suggest you get a Saris Bones. It keeps the bikes well away from the car and is designed to stop them swinging about too much so the chances of scratching your car are much reduced. I've used one for a while and have been very pleased with it.

Just checked at Winstanleys - the Bones rack is £79.99 there. Wiggle is a tenner more.

I've had a Bones rack for a while and can recommend it. Access and security seem fine and the bikes don't hit the car bodywork (wouldn't want to chip the bike paintwork, would we ;)).

Not sure if it's better or worse than towbar attached racks as it's the only rack I've had. I think Saris now do one with fewer/better straps but double the price. Could be worth it if the rack is used frequently, but otherwise the original is fine.

Top Bottom