Bike set up and Endurance/Power query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Seem to be having problems with set up of my bike-got my replacement bike on the insurance after having my bike stolen just over a month ago:angry:

So have to start from scratch..never got the set up perfect on the originalbike but perhaps you guys can sling some words of wisdom my way!

Trouble is I seem to have some problems with my left side - my elbow feels slightly stiff, my knee aches a bit on the inside (R one is fine) off the bike more than on it and my left foot whilst cycling in cleated shoes is slightly sore and my toes feel numb at times. I usually ride on the hoods during commutes etc but when I ride on the drop bars - my wrists etc ache as does my neck on occasion from bringing my head up to watch the traffic. I ultimately will be racing 40km in a triathlon on this bike so will be hoping to be on the drop bars but am working towards that. my stronger leg is left so it stays clipped in.

So the questions is what are the best ways to remedy these different problems? I'm thinking with the cleats to move them further forward on the L shoe; the seat post height seems to be right and the seat tilt is completely level which seems most comfortable. From memory on my old bike the seat was mid way on the adjustment rails and so I've left the seat at that.

Training wise I seem to be quite fast as have done interval/sprint work but find that I can't maintain sprints for a longer period as my power and endurance isn't that great:wacko:. Is the best way to improve both of these on long steady paced rides or is it best to do a interval of say intended time of completing the 40km- say 1hour and gradually build up the length of the intervals at a fast pace ie 10min pace 5 min rest etc until the 10 minute intervals make up an hour and then to aim to have less rest times as I get used to it?

Top Bottom