bike value - Trek 4000 mtb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is NOT a for sale topic

We've got a Trek 4000 mtb with yellow Rock shock Judy's fitted which gives an idea to it's age (1999 / 2000 ish) with Icon, avid and shimano components.

We're considering selling it as the wife has never been entirely comfortable on it as it's a little long for her.

It'd make a great youth's mtb / pub bike / see if I like it bike or for a student to take to uni instead of their nice mtb

but I'm not sure what to ask for it and wondered what other peeps thought would be a sensible price?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
It's a bit difficult to estimate a value without pictures and more info on other components.

Drago

Legendary Member
About £50 on the open market to a buyer simply looking for a bike.

However, if it's in good condition or above, and is all original, then the rabid chumps on Retrobikes might pay a bit more, as they seem to lose all sense of reason once a two wheeled object reaches its fifteenth birthday.

OP
OP
Black Sheep
If as you say it's too long, have you thought of changing the handlebar stem to a shorter one and keeping the bike ?

It had a shorter stem on it that I fitted and we did think about it but decided we'd probably end up just chasing the problem with in-line seat posts, riser bars etc and possibly not succeeding.

Top Bottom