Bike weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Just weighed my Triban 3, it weighs in at 10:43 kg or 23 pounds - the only changes made are Vitorria Pro Slick tyres, Charge Spoon saddle, bottle cage and a set of lights. Not bad at all.

trampyjoe

I weighed mine the other week - it's a Python Quantum 8200 'urban bike' - with lights, bike computer, bottle cage, pump and pannier rack all comes in at 37 lbs or 17.6 Kg :training:

Cyclist33

Minus the bar ends pump and pedals it came in at 10.2, if I took off both bottle cages and the pump mount it would reduce a bit more, though I don't think I can get it below the magic 10kg!

D

Deleted member 20519

Minus the bar ends pump and pedals it came in at 10.2, if I took off both bottle cages and the pump mount it would reduce a bit more, though I don't think I can get it below the magic 10kg!

Mine would be around 9.9kg without my spd-sl pedals.

Cyclist33

Realistic riding weight, with lights, a pack of pucnture fixing stuff n simple tools, a bottle of water and a mounted pump, and a speedometer, 11.9kg. Would be 12.7 with the winter wheels on.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Weight without panniers and lights, but including rack and guards is 9kg (8kg without rack). Loaded, then at least double it with locks, clothes, lights. The pannier loaded is heavier than the bike.

Chris S

Legendary Member
One of my bikes is a 1970's Raleigh 3-speed with a 20 inch frame - it also weighs about 14kg.

My 1990's Raleigh 3-speed with a 24 inch frame weighs about 15kg. For steel-framed bikes each additional inch on the seat tube seems to add about half a pound to the bike's overall weight.

KateK

My 1980's 10 speed raleigh Wisp is 40lb with pannier, windproof, one bottle of water etc. I think it's about 36lb without. It has got heavy tyres on it, flat pedals, a handlebar mounted waterbottle, metal mudguards, steel pannier rack... I did 175 miles on it last week (a fluke). This week I am mostly tired.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
No idea the weight of any of my bikes. It's not really of much interest either, all I can say is that they are sufficiently light.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My two 20 plus year old steel bikes weigh 9kg's - not bad considering a steel frame and fork is about 2.5-2.7kg, compared to less than 1.5kg for a carbon frame and fork !

Top Bottom