Bike weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

No idea the weight of any of my bikes. It's not really of much interest either, all I can say is that they are sufficiently light.

Fascinating contribution to the thread.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's bloody good. My Italian Columbus steel weighs 9.8 with pedals and bottle cages. Have yours got really modern lightweight wheels? Or very small frame size maybe?

Nope. :thumbsup:

One is Columbus SLX, the other Reynolds 653.

The SLX has full 8 speed Dura Ace SIS groupset(no STI - down tube shifters - so light) and is running original DA hubs with 28 spoked CXP33 rims (recent re-build 2 years ago) - so not super light. It does have a 230g saddle on it.

The 653 is Shimano 600 - again no STI, but is running more modern Mavic Ksyriums, but the bottom end Equipe which aren't too light. Both are 56cm frames. No real weight weenie stuff.

Saddle wise, the old Rolls etc were pretty heavy - I switched the SLX to a Flite Ti when they came out - it's on a more comfy modern SLR Gel Flow now. Pedals on both are top end, but again from the same era, so as light as they could be then.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nope. :thumbsup:

One is Columbus SLX, the other Reynolds 653.

The SLX has full 8 speed Dura Ace SIS groupset(no STI - down tube shifters - so light) and is running original DA hubs with 28 spoked CXP33 rims (recent re-build 2 years ago) - so not super light. It does have a 230g saddle on it.

The 653 is Shimano 600 - again no STI, but is running more modern Mavic Ksyriums, but the bottom end Equipe which aren't too light. Both are 56cm frames. No real weight weenie stuff.

Saddle wise, the old Rolls etc were pretty heavy - I switched the SLX to a Flite Ti when they came out - it's on a more comfy modern SLR Gel Flow now. Pedals on both are top end, but again from the same era, so as light as they could be then.

Oh both run Pro Race tyres - 200g each and the SLX has latex tubes so another slight weight saving in a key area.

raindog

er.....
Oh both run Pro Race tyres - 200g each and the SLX has latex tubes so another slight weight saving in a key area.
It must be a combination of all those little bits and bobs then, although I've got pretty decent gear on mine too. Mine's a 58 which will make a slight difference, but even so.....

Ivan Ardon

My commuter is 43 pounds of Nottingham's finest iron tubing. Add on a pair of Marathon Plusses, tyre driven dynamo lights and a cape :blush: if it's raining and it's no wonder I get overtaken by everyone.

It does make the fast bike seem faster though.

wmtlynx

19 kilograms with handlebar bag, lights, toolkit, D lock, mudguards and slime inner tubes added. For a cheap 'n' cheerful hybrid from Decathlon I don't think that's too bad.

Typhon

I weighed my Triban 3 today after changing the inner tubes. Decathlon claim the bike is 10.5kg in the 57cm model so I am quite pleased that my 60cm came out at 10.72kg. Especially as I have added a couple of water bottles cages, a pump and a trip computer to it.

Thinking about changing the wheels for some better ones soon so could be down below 10kg soon, possibly closer to 9.5kg.

Our off-road tourers (expedition bikes) complete with front & rear rack, rohloff hub, marathon extreme tyres, dynamo, front & rear lights, trip meters, and handlebar bag attachments etc are just over 22kg each.
The Triban 3's are coming it at 12kg each since fitting rear racks, lights, water bottle holder, trips etc.

PS - neither of those weights include locks!

Top Bottom