Bike weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
My S-Works Tarmac hits the scales at 13lb (5.89kg)

My S-Works Epic WC 29r comes in at 8.6kg.

Not weighed my Venges recently
can we trade bikes? my cheap shi*e SS and heavy cheap sh*te steel frame hybrid for your 3? the extra weight really helps the speed! and it really helps the leg muscles :biggrin: :whistle:
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
My 2013 Tarmac Sport SL2 weighs in at 9.2kgs - what Tarmac have you got!

Does your Tarmac have some Zipp or other non-standard wheels on it?
it was a tarmac then he replaced the frame the forks the bars and the wheels bt still calls it a tarmac because he wants to! :tongue:
this broom has been passed down through 15 generations it has had 13 new heads and 8 new handles!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
can of hammerite or similar! why an explosion proof fan?
Cheers Ed
If you paint outside a dust proof ( un-controlled area ) your paint job will get contaminated ( flies love fresh paint ) as does dust . Your paint job will be like sand paper !
Spraying solvent based paint and running an electric fan to take away the over spray could see you taking off about 200 miles at the speed of a jet fighter that way ----------->
:laugh:

My water based spray booth with top filter removed .

008-23_zpsfff75095.jpg

Last edited:

simon.r

Person
9.3kg for my tange steel Charge, with relatively normal group set and bits.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
My 2013 Tarmac Sport SL2 weighs in at 9.2kgs - what Tarmac have you got!

Does your Tarmac have some Zipp or other non-standard wheels on it?

It's an Olympic edition sl4 running zipp 202 firecrest, Di2, carbon cranks, carbon spider, carbon chainring and cassette, carbon brakes and carbon bolts everywhere non structural, and a bit more carbon in the places not mentioned...You can see it in my albums if your interested.

It's had a couple of changes since it weighed 13lb so its probably a little under that now.

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
If you paint outside a dust proof ( un-controlled area ) your paint job will get contaminated ( flies love fresh paint ) as does dust . Your paint job will be like sand paper !
Spraying solvent based paint and running an electric fan to take away the over spray could see you taking off about 200 miles at the speed of a jet fighter that way ----------->
:laugh:

My water based spray booth with top filter removed .

008-23_zpsfff75095.jpg
ah yes got you eleccy is nasty stuff!
you do much spray painting then? what do you paint?
Cheers Ed

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
it was a tarmac then he replaced the frame the forks the bars and the wheels bt still calls it a tarmac because he wants to! :tongue:
this broom has been passed down through 15 generations it has had 13 new heads and 8 new handles!
Cheers Ed
Nope young ed - the bike is brand spanking new, never been ridden and has zipps wheels. Its also the 2014 SL4 and not the older sl2 model that broadside has

Top Bottom