Bike weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I nipped into the Giant store on my way back from a ride today and put the TCR on the scales . I was interested to see what she weighed with the Carbon pedals and lighter seat . 7.9 KG . Adding the Garmin tipped her just over the 8kg mark .
Anyone else had a weigh in ?

MikeW-71

Veteran
No, but you've got me curious now :biggrin:

screenman

Legendary Member
I nipped into the Giant store on my way back from a ride today and put the TCR on the scales . I was interested to see what she weighed with the Carbon pedals and lighter seat . 7.9 KG . Adding the Garmin tipped her just over the 8kg mark .
Anyone else had a weigh in ?
Hope you shave your legs.

Did weigh a fixie once but it was back in the dark ages. Drilled everthing, bottom bracket, brakes, seat post etc.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I don't know exactly but I guess it's around 13 stone when I'm riding it... :bicycle:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think I can get closer to 7 with new wheels . Also lose the out front mount for the garmin and both bottle cages . I did look at a carbon stem but £160 to save 5g :eek:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I think I can get closer to 7 with new wheels . Also lose the out front mount for the garmin and both bottle cages . I did look at a carbon stem but £160 to save 5g :eek:
I had a similar thought yesterday. Due to my Vivente tourer having aero-shaped handlebars***, which aren't ideal for mounting things, I was considering getting new handlebars with conventional cross-section. The carbon-fibre handlebars were over double the price of the alloy, and only weighed about 50g less.

*** why these came with a 15kg tourer, I don't know: what on Earth were they thinking?

Top Bottom