Bikes Direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoons47

CC4AEB7A-5B05-447B-9F54-BC5E5E36D2BF.jpeg
Recently bought this for £240. It’s now my pride and joy.

Drago

Legendary Member
Felt. Yum yum.

My experience of buying a similar 'generic' mail order bike nearly ended in tragedy when the headset disintegrated bombing down Ventnor Hill on the Isle of Wight... wouldn't touch one after that. Nasty things.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Pick up a well looked after 'made in the USA' Cannondale from the 90s.. its the coolest thing i have ever owned.

Indeed, if I can find one. A lot of times you find a nice bike and it’s not your size. A couple of months ago I saw a nice Masi for sale, butvthe frame was for a very tall person. If I was riding that and slipped off the saddle, I would be singing saprano. :eek:

xzenonuk

Veteran
decathlon is a large european sports shop chain and they make the btwin brand, sweet bikes for the money :smile:

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

decathlon is a large european sports shop chain and they make the btwin brand, sweet bikes for the money :smile:

Here, the Windsor sold by Bikes Direct ships free in the US. I’m sure Decathlon shipping to the US is not cheap, plus anything over a certain amount of money will have duty and customs fees, some, of which, is thanks to that incredible stupid Trump.

Salar

A fish out of water
They're the same spec as any pre-90's bike. Personally I'd buy an immaculate 531-framed one for £100-150 which will last longer and keep the change.

I agree, I like the look of it, but I wouldn't buy one. Most of my bikes are used which I upgrade or tinker with.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Wellington would be okay for a starter, but the components are old style and heavy, so that stem, BB, and crankset may have to go. Most of the BD bikes are made pretty well as far as the frame goes. My main attraction with this bike is brifters, but a good used bike would not cost as much, would not be quite as low spec, and probably serve you better in the long run. With proper maintenance and a good bike to start with, a bicycle can last indefinitely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom