Bikes Direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
BTwin bikes look like exceptional value and they do ride nicely but the saving is made on the wheels, which are not good quality. Last time I asked, they were selling front wheels for £25.00.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

I just visited Decathlon to look for the BTwin. I found only three road bikes, one of which was a woman's model. I think the one that is listed for $349 is what some were referring to. Although it's a great value, it doesn't represent the classic style I have loved over the years. For me, I don't really like the slopping top tube. Like I had mentioned before, it looks like a mountain bike that's been on a diet. No offense to anyone, mind you.

This, I believe is the model some were mentioning for $349:

Untitled 01.jpg

This one I like, but much more deniro than I can afford. It has a slighted slopped, but horizontal top tube. Selling for $1169:

Untitled 02.jpg

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

If you can manage to drop your sloping top tube prejudice I think you'll be more than please with the $349 B'twin. Better spec than your linked Windsor plus you get a lifetime frame warranty, so you get quite a bit better in spite of its regal sounding name!
Give it some thought.

Well, I will have to wait and see if my mind changes in that regard. But, I doubt it. HAHAHA!!

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Kent Saber at Wal Mart looks quite similar, I'll try and get a closer look.

Here you go.

Untitled.jpg

To be quite honest, I know many will poo poo a bike like this, but I think one should be grateful that a company in Asia is producing such a product. It gives those less fortune $$ wise a chance to be able to purchase a bike that looks nice. One would have to admit that it does look rather sharp. It get's those who are less fortunate in life on the saddle. The benefits of riding out-way the $$ outlay. I wouldn't be opposed to owning it. Sure it's not going to shift smooth and precise as a $6,000 Pinarello Dogma, but to someone out there with little to no $$, that will be their Pinarello. WalMart, well I'll be. I'll head out to my local WalMart and have a butchers. HAHAHAHA!!
Untitled 01.jpg

There is a local bike shop here that sells a rather inexpensive road bike called GMC Denali. I went over to see it, and I have to say it's not all that bad. Although the decals were put on rather shoddy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Out of all the bikes the OP has mentioned i got to be honest the wellington looks the best deal as the others in budget have shifters mounted on the bar rather than STI units

I do agree, but it’s nice that others have offered comparisons. I’m leaning towards the Wellington that I posted.

Top Bottom