Bird Zero AM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JayX2A

I'm miles away in the south east in town called Eastbourne. 3 1/2 trip lol.

100% serious, I was all ready to order one, just been going back and forth changing colours and specs every time lol.

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
was just a thought.

loving my AM ....... and just got it helitaped, just in case..... im 6" 3' and have the large frame.

JayX2A

I was looking at those invisiframe packs. They do a matte version that's cut to fit.

I'm about 5ft 10.5. Would maybe need a 50mm stem but with those bars I'm not sure lol!

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
yeah ive got the matte version........... the only problem with the matte black paint is that it marks easily, thats why i got the kit.

need to make my bars a bit narrower, ok if your a gorilla lol.

JayX2A

Had to pull out of sale as tried a medium from one of the guys on single track forums as it was just too small. Gutted!

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
just get em dirty
WP_20160508_13_43_11_Pro.jpg

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I'm test riding a Zero TR on Monday!

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Weather was awful!

I was on the way to work so I had 1/2 hour on the TR (grey) and about 20 minutes on the AM. The 'local woods' turned out to be a pretty big area of forest land complete with fire roads and singletracks; more than enough to get a feel of the bike.

IMAG3642.jpg IMAG3643.jpg TR

I'm 5' 9" with 29" inside leg and the medium is spot on. TBH I'd be happy with either bike; the TR is marginally more compliant at the back so there's a bit more grip on roots etc with the same tyre, but this may just be down to different tyre pressure.

IMAG3644.jpg AM

What a fantastic, confidence-inspiring bike! I say bike rather than bikes because they're essentially the same- the AM is optimised for a slightly longer travel fork, so with a degree or so slacker head angle the top tube feels slightly shorter which felt slightly more natural for me. That, and the fact that the extra travel might give me a bit more confidence at trail centres, means I'll probably choose the AM, but like I said, there's very little in it.

IMAG3646.jpg IMAG3647.jpg IMAG3648.jpg

This is my colour! ;)

Top Bottom