Birmingham cyclist muggings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Standard muggings.

Cynical me says that because it is a rough area the police just ignore most of it.
If it was somewhere more affluent they would have a massive man hunt on by now.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I ride through stirchley quite a lot (on the roads) and it's not the worst area in Brum by a large margin. Never had an issue being confronted, but then again I don't cycle in the dark often, and on the off chance I do, it's usually pre-dawn when all the scrotes are safely tucked up in their beds. I've never felt in danger in any area of Birmingham TBH, but I know which area's to avoid and do so. Only trouble I've had is the usual driver related nonsense you'd expect in a big city, and one occasion where I had to give chance to a bloke and tackle him. He was being chased by a copper who wasn't catching him, so I peddled after him and ran him down, pinned him under the bike and the copper got to us 10 secs later and knicked him. I even got a nice letter of the chief constable to say thx.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Another "no go area"! Do the police still insist that there aren't any no go areas in this country?:rolleyes:

The police, along with the majority of politicians, are in denial of the daily reality being endured by many.
The elephant in the room cannot be ignored forever.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 3438650, member: 45"]
The biggest issue with Birmingham is that its administrators are dinosaurs........[/QUOTE]

I somehow doubt that is the biggest issue.:secret:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
3 people arrested. Sounds like it is the same people:
http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/latest-news/news.aspx?id=2256
on the other hand, released on bail.

This is very much my manor. The road mentioned is less than a mile from my front door. Despite having its fair share of problems (stabbings, murder, kiddy fiddler resident) in the time that I have lived there, I would never regard it as particularly rough, or even close to a no-go area.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
.........Despite having its fair share of problems (stabbings, murder, kiddy fiddler resident) in the time that I have lived there, I would never regard it as particularly rough...........

I suppose you eventually have to become inured to such incidents, in order to survive.:unsure:

powerful lights that enable you to ride fast

Where does one buy these magical lights?

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 3439071, member: 45"]Show me a community without child abusers....[/QUOTE]

True, but crime generally, seems to be more prevalent in some areas than others.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
[QUOTE 3439214, member: 45"]Yeah, and Jim is saying that from his experience (and I'd say from mine) South Birmingham isn't bad.

I can't remember ever feeling unsafe in Birmingham.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you are comparing it to, I suppose.
Last time I went past the house where I was born (Sparkhill), I felt very threatened and uncomfortable - to the point where I vowed never to go back again. Sad, and dare I say it, angry that I should have to feel that way.

Top Bottom