Birthday Bike - Pashley? Gazelle? Something else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Those are some stunning bikes, I love the Style, 7-VXL, its a shame there is no-one selling them here.
I have one, it's an unstarted (mild) renovation project I got from another member, but the more I look at it/them, the more I see their sheer integrity, hence me putting them in from leftfield, as it were.

ETA
In fact I have just about exactly that bike!

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Thats a nice bike, but looks like another I might stuggle to get here, that being said my best friend lives in Rome so might be able to work something out.

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I have one, it's an unstarted (mild) renovation project I got from another member, but the more I look at it/them, the more I see their sheer integrity, hence me putting them in from leftfield, as it were.
If you get bored of looking at it! What model do you have?

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
See above - I looked and it's that bike, albeit an earlier version - 7-speed hub, coaster brake, hub front, steel frame, the whole package!

Are you sure your not bored looking at it?

I will take a look

I had a Pashley Britannia but sold it and deeply regret doing so, to the point where I ordered another, the Aurora, which I love, but the men’s equivalent is a little above your price range. Get the Briton, because I said so.

There is a bike hire place in Stratford who hire the Britons out, if restrictions lift in time I might see if I can combine it with a trip down south and take one out for a few hours.

They ship to the UK. I got one 9 years ago for my 50th!

How do you like it? Are there any unobtainable parts for it?

Are you sure your not bored looking at it?

I will take a look

There is a bike hire place in Stratford who hire the Britons out, if restrictions lift in time I might see if I can combine it with a trip down south and take one out for a few hours.

How do you like it? Are there any unobtainable parts for it?
All standard parts. I chose this model in particular because I love a coaster brake, but you might prefer lever operated brakes. Taurus were great to deal with. I bought it direct from the factory and paid about E100 for the shipping. I sold it to a friend who had developed a crush on it.

Top Bottom