Birthday present advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Squire
Location
Ireland
I'd appreciate advice on what to buy a close female friend for her birthday. I want to buy something a bit more original than a box of chocolates but don't have a huge amount of spare cash. I don't want to buy anything that might seem personal like perfume or jewellery as we aren't actually going out (and she's made it clear we won't be) but she has been a good friend to me during some dark times in the past year or so and I appreciate it and would like to show my appreciation.

My sister said to buy her vouchers for something but I refuse to do so. A shopping voucher IMO is merely cash which can only be spent in one shop.

She's mid thirties and interests include sports cars, dancing and her cat.
 

Pro Tour Punditry

Legendary Member
A pineapple.

Always.
 

MarkF

Squire
Location
Yorkshire
You can't go wrong with a useful ironing board cover.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThR0UzzjvqVMTL37s4fpMmDtBTnyqHu32VlcW-zpplmreNY5ZNjA.jpg
 
OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Squire
Location
Ireland
I did think about theatre tickets or something but she's not really into it and she's a nurse who works nights in a short staffed private care home and really struggles to get nights off when she wants them.
 

stephec

Squire
Location
Bolton
What's wrong with jewellery, as long as it's not a ring, or anything with a heart on it?

Does her usual hairdressers/beauty salon not do gift vouchers, that should be appreciated?
 

Nibor

Bewildered
Location
Accrington
I did think about theatre tickets or something but she's not really into it and she's a nurse who works nights in a short staffed private care home and really struggles to get nights off when she wants them.
I would honk a nice mini mag light r one of those upside down pin on watch things nurses wear. Or an ebook reader
 
Top Bottom