Bitter man trying to be a better man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reece

Veteran
I'd get reg and dates and times when it's happened and notify the police.

Misaligned washers are an mot fail an the police could invalidate his current mot and they'll make home get him to get a new one within 7days I believe. Never know the car may not be roadworthy and get him out your hair for a while.

I'm sure some of the replies are a bit tongue in cheek, but any none cyclist reading this forum might draw the wrong opinion. Causing damage to a vehicle or spraying the windscreen with an oily substance which may lead to a serious accident is certainly not a responsible act. Two wrongs don't make a right as they say.

man up and confront the little asswipe when he stops, ask him in a polite way whats he playing at or tell him to take a day off from being a d,,,, head all his life.

Hip Priest

Veteran
See if you can catch him at lights or something. Then say "If you do that again, I'm going to the police. It'll treble your insurance overnight, so I suggest you stop now."

defy-one

Smack him on the back of the head and say pull over twat - time i show you a lesson!!!!
Police will do nothing!

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Just want to say that, although some people have taken comments on this thread a bit too literally, I know that many are tongue in cheek and are just what we'd like to do but would never dream of doing (we're all decent people deep down). I know I made a comment about baseball bats but that would never happen (definitely wouldn't fit into the bottle cage and would cause too much drag in the rucksack).
Seriously though...I went out today on the bike for my weekend fix and loved every second...all the drivers I met were fantastic, giving room when overtaking, and thanking me when I'd slowed down etc to let them pass. Made me put it into perspective.
I'm still going to get the reg though and see if I can at least get him to think about what he's doing as it could easily cause myself, or another cyclis,t to flinch and go underneath a passing car...
Russ

rusky

CC Addict
I wouldn't bother confronting him, just get the reg & if possible some footage & report him to the police.

He won't take you seriously.

sabian92

Über Member
I'm sure some of the replies are a bit tongue in cheek, but any none cyclist reading this forum might draw the wrong opinion. Causing damage to a vehicle or spraying the windscreen with an oily substance which may lead to a serious accident is certainly not a responsible act. Two wrongs don't make a right as they say.

No, they don't, but it ain't half funny giving people their comeuppance.

The Police is probably your best bet. While spraying oven cleaner into his eyes while hitting on the head with a baseball bat and this that and the other will make you feel better it makes you no better than him. Hit him where it hurts - his insurance.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
You said 'young'... seems a lot of young drivers are having trouble getting insurance. Some even get insurance by being second drivers on policies taken out by their parents on their cars. Sometimes they're even driving mummies car on mummies insurance.
If neither of these, a youngster driving? It's a good bet they're still living with their parents?
Hows mummy going to feel - having plod come knocking at the door, just to tell them darling little asswipe's been driving like a dick

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
I commute in Northampton, too, so I'd be interested to know where this guy goes.
Doddington Road (Earls Barton through to Great Doddington). Hopefully will stop once I've got his details (just means I have to get sprayed a couple more times I guess before it's sorted)...unless he realises that he's being an idiot (not too much hope of that!).

Cyclopathic

Veteran
As tempting as some sort of retaliation is it will only diminish your own case or negate it completely if you try to get the police involved. I'd go along with everybody else who has said go to the law.

Top Bottom