Bkool - issues and ideas - what do you want to tell Bkool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Great idea Rick, we will are going to think about how we can implement something. What do you think is more user friendly? A website page with pictures or video tutorials?
Personally, I much prefer a page with pictures, as they can be read at any speed, and referred back to for a quick reminder of any points!

Video's only go at one speed, and are very difficult to dip in and out of, I hate the fashion for YouTube video tutorials for everything as they are just so laborious to plough through, and need to be constantly paused, skip back, skip forward, etc.

A nicely laid out web page with pictures to illustrate is the best way to get most things across! :thumbsup:

Geoff
Agreed Geoff :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
The Strava integration, I hate the fact that every real ride gets uploaded and made into a 3D route, I don't want loads of commutes made into a course, Should be able to choose or be able to delete

Agreed - I like Bkool rides going on to Strava automatically, but not real rides automatically going onto Bkool.

Also, I think this may already have been mentioned, but the fact that Bkool uploads the WHOLE ride including warm up and warm down to Strava I find really annoying. It distorts all the meaningful data from the ride - speed, power, time etc. - and makes it difficult or impossible to compare different performances on the same route (I know you can go and edit the warm/up down out of the strava ride but that kind of misses the point of auto syncing).

I think the Bkool site itself does the same thing of showing the whole ride including warm/up down on the ride summary, but you can go into the details to see the actual data with these tripped out. I'd like to see this changed too - who is really interested in the data from the ride including a random amount of warm up/down?

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
It would be nice if a premium subscription could be shared between a family (in a single household), that would add extra value to the premium subscription, and I can't see many households paying for multiple subscriptions, so very little revenue should be to lost.

Geoff

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
@Bkool

Please can we have a way to flag routes that are "Broken" so they can be fixed or removed?

Also, a way to remove duplicated or unwanted routes would help.

The policy of making public every route loaded up to bkool, including every ride synch'ed from Strava, may result in having a large headline number of routes available, but it also means a large amount of rubbish to wade through looking for good routes. Personally, I would prefer to see only quality routes!

I see there are currently 165,585 public GPS routes and 425,799 public non GPS routes. This seems ridiculous overkill, and makes finding a quality route much harder.

Routes should only be made public, or converted to 3D, if they are specifically flagged as public. Many of us repeat the same routes week in week out, and having them all public makes no sense. This would also mean routes are converted to 3D much quicker.

There is a big difference between a ride and a route!

Perhaps we could have private routes and public routes?

Thanks,

Geoff

Last edited:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
@Bkool

Is it true that the Velodrome now only works for bkool trainers.

If so, why on earth was this change made, it makes a mockery of any claim to support other smart trainers, along with the non-nonsensical "no gravity assist" on downhill sections.

It is just pushing the many owners of Wahoo, Tacx, Elite, etc. trainers towards Zwift! :banghead:

Thanks,

Geoff

borchgrevink

@Bkool

Please can we have a way to flag routes that are "Broken" so they can be fixed or removed?

Also, a way to remove duplicated or unwanted routes would help.

The policy of making public every route loaded up to bkool, including every ride synch'ed from Strava, may result in having a large headline number of routes available, but it also means a large amount of rubbish to wade through looking for good routes. Personally, I would prefer to see only quality routes!

I see there are currently 165,585 public GPS routes and 425,799 public non GPS routes. This seems ridiculous overkill, and makes finding a quality route much harder.

Routes should only be made public, or converted to 3D, if they are specifically flagged as public. Many of us repeat the same routes week in week out, and having them all public makes no sense. This would also mean routes are converted to 3D much quicker.

There is a big difference between a ride and a route!

Perhaps we could have private routes and public routes?

Thanks,

Geoff
Word, word, WORD!

Would be nice if @Bkool could update us on these suggestions...

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
@Bkool

Is it true that the Velodrome now only works for bkool trainers.

If so, why on earth was this change made, it makes a mockery of any claim to support other smart trainers, along with the non-nonsensical "no gravity assist" on downhill sections.

It is just pushing the many owners of Wahoo, Tacx, Elite, etc. trainers towards Zwift! :banghead:

Thanks,

Geoff
I'm on the verge of going with zwift now I have the ability to run it, perhaps back to trainer road

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hey Bkool, an update please:hello:

in the meantime, is it possible to cache the 3d and especially video routes in advance? you already allow the software to tick away in the background to continue to record a ride and save it even when we loose an internet connection which is great. But the robustness of a ride is always affected by internet connection, speed of connection and quite possibly server overload at the bkool end. Why not allow us to cache the ride, to download much of it in advance, say during the warm up stage, so that we get to enjoy the 3d routes and video in all their glory? they could delete on finishing the route.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Subscription has ran out and not been renewed even though I'm 99% certain it should be automatically. The GO PREMIUM button beside my takes me to a page that is totally irrelevant to what I'm trying to achieve.

I got there in the end but had to think seriously if I wanted to hand over £8, 1 more month... Sort it out Bkool

adamangler

Veteran
Only got bkool yesterday but first thoughts are.

Would be good to have a tutorial video on the website like a really good in depth guide on everything bkool offers as it is a tad overwhelming for noobs.

Secondly the strava automatically uploading to bkool is annoying but the other way round is great. Maybe include an option to automatically sync bkool rides to strava only and have to do it manually the other way?

Fyhn

When training intervals on Bkool I find it easiest to build a session with targets (from-to given watts). In the simulator the wattage readings vary a lot, and all you can do is try to stay in the dedicated zone/colour. In such a session the average watt for the whole session is not interesting, what you need is average for current segment. This would make it much easier to keep within the desired interval, imo.

You could, for instance, have the possibility by the keyboard to toggle diffrent views (session/current segment). I guess the same goes for BPM and speed.

I don't know if this has been adressed earlier (at least I can' find it in this thread)?

Top Bottom