Bkool - issues and ideas - what do you want to tell Bkool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveWBN

Having recently bought the pro trainer and using the trial premium subscription, I'm really struggling to find any video rides not in Spain. The "keyword" filter is only relevant if you actually know what to look for. Likewise "city", you need to know a ride exists for example in New York but but not Dublin, Liverpool, Copenhagen etc which isn't practical at all. A list of all rides would at least be better.

Besides this I contacted BKool to request the ability of creating a session in the non premium simulator to set a fixed incline/resistance so that Sufferfest vids can be ridden as if on a normal turbo trainer.
In time I'm sure I'll get the hang of it??

g00se

Veteran
Use the map search and roll around the locations you're interested in

Leodis

Veteran
I think the delay between Bkool and Zwift is getting daft, 4-5 seconds with the ANT+ nearly touching the trainer, it makes drafting a joke as you just cannot do it.

Also in Workout mode its pointless as Bkool over estimates by at least 50 watts and has my cadence down to 30-35 rpm

Leodis

Veteran
I have never used their software, I use Zwift. Bkool just don't seem that bothered tbh, they have known about this since October and nothing has been released to fix the over wattage in ERG mode.

g00se

Veteran
But isn´t this an issue with Bkool rides too (bkool is showing more watt than what is correct)?

No, I think it's different. The Zwift/TR issue is with ERG mode (which the bkool simulator doesn't use). It sets the resistance higher than it needs to be.

bobinski

Legendary Member
No, I think it's different. The Zwift/TR issue is with ERG mode (which the bkool simulator doesn't use). It sets the resistance higher than it needs to be.

That is my understanding too.

The delay issue seems to afflict most smart turbo trainers but not all users. I get it sometimes but the delay is never more than a few seconds. The other night only happened on my third lap of Watopia.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
According to this there is quite possible that some can generate more watts on inclines than while time trailing: http://cyclingtips.com/2013/09/climbing-and-time-trialling-how-power-outputs-are-affected/

Could this explain why I and others generate mire watts on climbs and get a higher ftp there than while ordinary ftp test?
It could. I find I can maintain my power 'easier' on a climb than a flat. A mammoths physique and that heartless witch gravity work in my favour for once :whistle:

ashworthacca

Über Member
I hope someone can help, since the recent iPad Bkool app update resistance doesn't work and there is major delay in the app responding. Is there anyway to downgrade the app to the previous version? I don't have a backup to restore but can anyone provide a download link? Probably a long shot but thanks anyway.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Give us the option for group ride results based on finishing position rather time or better still provide both. This will allow handicap races to be more easily judged.

goatkarma

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had had any success with pair a Bkool with a Garmin 520 using ant+ fe-c?

I'm having problems getting anything useful from it at all. The Trainer works fine using the Bkool software, but when I pair it with my Garmin 520 as an indoor trainer, I'm getting the following issues:

1.The 'target wattage' doesn't seem to work. It just increases the resistance on the unit until I cannot pedal any more!

2.The recording/displaying of the power is not right at all. After pairing, and beginning on the trainer, the power reading on the Garmin appears to measure 3 different measurements at one time (or within a second of each other). It just flicks between one power (probably about correct-ish), then something higher than that, and then something higher again. The difference between the numbers seems constant so it appears that the Bkool is broadcasting 3 different power numbers (possibly for their software to do some computations with). Unfortunately the Garmin doesn't appear to have a clue what to do with them! This obviously completely overestimates the 30s/10s average powers.

3.The power data that is recorded also seems completely weird, and unlike other data I've seen. The graph is completely 'spikey' for the entire course of the workout. It looks like it's recording 3 different power values.
ieEqBEI.png

I've emailed bkool, but their response is that 'lots of people are using the Garmin with the Bkool so it is fine'. I've seen a few posts here and there with this problem, but can't tell if its widespread! I just want to be able to ride to a power without any fancy simulator software^_^

kapelmuur

Veteran
Hello, newbie here needing advice please.

First, how do I join a Bkool challenge? I signed up for Minori - Vetri Sul Mare this evening but I was the only live body on the session! Where had everyone else gone?

Secondly, can I stop seeing on my home page that someone has'beaten my time'? I'm a 68 year old novice cyclist and will be beaten by most people. Seeing some muppet boasting of beating me by 20 minutes over 10 miles is just annoying, especially as I had not seen or accepted a challenge.

Top Bottom