Blackpool pavement cyclist decision today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazed

220lb+
I was working in Blackpool a couple of weeks ago and have never seen so many mobility scooters and fat people in my life.

Most people even the slim ones looked haggard and un well, it's like this in a lot of northern towns but never seen it as bad as in Blackpool. Horrible place.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was working in Blackpool a couple of weeks ago and have never seen so many mobility scooters and fat people in my life.

Most people even the slim ones looked haggard and un well, it's like this in a lot of northern towns but never seen it as bad as in Blackpool. Horrible place.

It's not just northern towns, i've seen those "Life On Benefits" etc programs set in places like Margate and the ex holiday chalets in Kent. They have their fare share of fat lazy slobs driving mobility scooters and propping themselves up on elbow crutches!:okay:

Anyway i can't stop. I'm off to buy some White Lightening cider then then i'm off to the bookies for the day!:laugh:

sidevalve

Über Member
Just what the heck have mobility scooters and elbow crutches got to do with a grown man riding on a FOOTPATH ?
Is this some sort of politicians game of 'shift the blame' by talking about irrelevant guff ? Fact - a cyclist [NOT a child so no stupid excuses please] was riding illegally on a FOOTPATH and did what everybody seems to think doesn't happen - he hit a child. Now we know why cyclists should have third party insurance - yes they can cause serious injury, if the child has head injuries the compensation could run into millions and why should the rest of us pick up the tab for an irresponsible ars--le. I have no sympathy with the man and anyone who does has no right to complain about car drivers. Footpaths are for pedestrians NOT cyclists - if you can't handle it and don't believe any rules should apply to cyclists buy a bus ticket.

Chris S

Legendary Member
British holidaymakers in Spanish resorts use mobility scooters because they're too lazy to walk, even the young healthy ones. They're a menace there as well.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It's not just northern towns, i've seen those "Life On Benefits" etc programs set in places like Margate and the ex holiday chalets in Kent. They have their fare share of fat lazy slobs driving mobility scooters and propping themselves up on elbow crutches!:okay:

Anyway i can't stop. I'm off to buy some White Lightening cider then then i'm off to the bookies for the day!:laugh:
Are you not stopping off for some Woodbines on the way, or are you on a health kick at the moment? ^_^

Lonestar

Veteran
Jesus Christ,that video was shocking.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
The video seems to have been replaced with an Emmerdale Ad & won't play .

Regardless, I don't actually need to see it as I agree in the main with @sidevalve

I would however make the young, under 16's say, the exception to this.

Blame lies with anyone who is at fault, be they motorist, cyclist or pedestrian.
To me it is just plain arroagance &/or ignorance for anyone to suggest a particular group are never accountable.

Here ends my wobble.

Sandra6

Veteran
Cycling on the pavement is dangerous,it is irrelevant whether his speed or style of cycling was dangerous, just the fact that he was on the pavement illegally makes it dangerous.
What a tool.
Bizarre coincidence that they have home CCTV though.

Brandane

Legendary Member
His appearance on the BBC news didn't do much to endear him to me. What a snotty little nobber (swear filter won't allow my true opinion), and as for his minder (father?) who shoved the camera out of the way, he was a class act too.

DanZac

Having been knocked over and injured by some total tool of a grown man cycling on the pavement I totaly agree with @sidevalve above. In my humble opinion the pedestrian always has right of way (even on a shared cycle path ). Just as I would always hope and expect a motorist to keep an eye out for me when cycling on the road.
I can make an exception for children cycling on the pavement but would expect them to be tought to make way for pedestrians, however I cannot condone gangs of youths riding at speed on the path (and yes I am fully aware that the last bit makes me sound like a right grumpy old man).

Top Bottom