Bling and Functional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The other half wanted some better looking pedals for her road bike, and i found these see below, they look great on the bike a bit more racy than some others, although she can't try them till the weekend as she sprained her wrist last weekend, hopefully it will be alright by then, the bearing feel nice and smooth a nice weight and a nice price.

RIMG0020.jpg

RIMG0017.jpg

link if anybody is interested.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140746996201?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

screenman

Legendary Member
They horrible with a capital H and in my opinion do the bike no justice at all. Get her on SPD lot less chance of ripping shins open. Look at the contact points, not a lot of grip with some shoes, even more so in the wet.

Arch

Married to Night Train
They horrible with a capital H and in my opinion do the bike no justice at all. Get her on SPD lot less chance of ripping shins open. Look at the contact points, not a lot of grip with some shoes, even more so in the wet.

We have pedals a bit like that (They are broad BMX pedals) on our work trikes. Grip is fine. In fact, I can actually lift the pedal with the sole of my foot just by angling it slightly.

If the rider likes the look, and they work (which we don't know yet), then they are right. You're all a lot of road bike snobs.

screenman

Legendary Member
Err! I have 2 MTB's and have raced cross and MTB for more years than I can remember, so where does road bike snob come in, even though I do own a couple of those as well.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
She falls of her bike with normal pedals, if she gets spd or look clipless i will have to keep stopping to pick her up, i tried them out on the street and they have plenty of grip, she likes the look of them and that's fine by me,^_^

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Forget the pedals, that Bike looks so clean almost unused, well done to whom ever cleaned it! Or slappy slap if it has not been ridden yet ^_^

Arch

Married to Night Train
Err! I have 2 MTB's and have raced cross and MTB for more years than I can remember, so where does road bike snob come in, even though I do own a couple of those as well.

Oh, for gods sake, you're more pedantic than my 4 year old nephew....

Ok, you aren't personally a bike snob. But you're still wrong about the lack of grip on the pedals. It was the others who were road bike snobs.

You did say though, that they 'don't do the bike justice'. That sounds a bit snobby to me.

screenman

Legendary Member
Arch not snobby at all, just my humble opinion of a nice bike with crap pedals.

Halfpenny worth of tar and all that.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I quite like them, I have very sharp cagey mtb pedals which i've not slipped off, but would probably be pretty painful if i did.

No reflectors though? If you're going to use flat pedals surely reflectors would be sensible. :smile:

Top Bottom