Bling and Functional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
That's not the point - we were asked to agree that the pedals looked good on that bike - they don't. Imagine Look Keos on a BMX - they would work, but IMHO wouldn't look right.

Were we? I haven't seen anything along the lines of "What do you think of these pedals?" or "Do you like them?" posted by the OP anywhere in this thread.

Looks to me more like he was sharing a product he has found, and is giving it a good review.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Were we? I haven't seen anything along the lines of "What do you think of these pedals?" or "Do you like them?" posted by the OP anywhere in this thread.

Looks to me more like he was sharing a product he has found, and is giving it a good review.
You read the thread, hit the nail on the head, seen this so many times on here, people not reading the thread properly.^_^
Never asked for opinions but hey ho.

screenman

Legendary Member
I read it properly first time, then I gave my opinion, asked for it or not this is how forums grow.

To those of you stuck in the mud not keeping up with the times then those pedals may look good to you, mind you of course you have no taste or style.

HovR

Über Member
To those of you stuck in the mud not keeping up with the times then those pedals may look good to you, mind you of course you have no taste or style.

Either that, or we don't want to spend £80+ on a shoe/pedal combination, don't want to be limited to one pair of shoes when riding your bike, and don't feel the need to give in to the fashion/technology trends when we are happy with the pedal setup we currently use.

^_^

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
As long as something functions as intended then anything else is down to personal aesthetics. I have my own preferences but my opinion boils down to use what works for you and makes you happy.

Whereas certain opinions on here are saying that their personal aesthetic view trumps that of other people. Not only does it trump those views but it also insists on others spending money on different pedals and shoes specific to those pedals, just to look 'right' in their minds.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

By posting on this forum the OP 'invites' comment. Was it expected that we would all agree with him?

screenman

Legendary Member
SPD etc. are not just about aesthetics, far from it they are more about efficiency. Now because I want to be more efficient on my bike does not mean I am following a flock.

Those pedals still do not belong on that bike!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
SPD etc. are not just about aesthetics, far from it they are more about efficiency. Now because I want to be more efficient on my bike does not mean I am following a flock.

Those pedals still do not belong on that bike!

:biggrin: I knew you'd come back with efficiency and no-one is accusing you of following a flock - or is there something about wear and use what you like that you find hard to comprehend?

But shall we look at this efficiency bit, for starters the efficiency you refer to is only when on the bike. There are a lot of trips taken by bike where the efficiency calculation would range well beyond just the time in the saddle. Then there are the actual realworld gains, how do you calculate those, do you factor in all the variables? Or are you just making sweeping assumptions and generalisations? Is your final fall back position one of 'the pros do it so it must be right'? People tell you all sorts of things in sports and manufacturers make all sorts of claims about potential improvements equipment can provide. For most hobbyists, which covers most participants, they lack the natural ability, desire/dedication to improve or the fitness levels required to extract the gains that equipment purports to offer.

I'm pretty certain that you lack the required knowledge of the person that rides the bike in the OP to make any detailed efficiency calculation. So we're just left with...well....not very much other than that you have a very close minded view of how others should indulge their hobby.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
At the end of the day it does not matter what anybody else thinks, my other half is happy and comfortable with them, they suit her style of ridding and they will stay on the bike.

screenman

Legendary Member
derrick, you have hit the nail on the head. It does not matter to you or anyone else what I or others think, but if we did not comment on posts this would be a very small forum.

P.S. I hope one day she gets to enjoy using pedals more suited to that sporting bake.^_^

Top Bottom