Bling and Functional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Nice looking pedals, match the bike well, IMO.

And nuts to all the blinkered clipless ones.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sometimes I forget this forum is not about just sporting cyclist who like to embrace technology, I apologise to all those still wearing knitted woolen shorts.;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sometimes I forget this forum is not about just sporting cyclist who like to embrace technology, I apologise to all those still wearing knitted woolen shorts.;)

Bikes worked very well for a century or more before now. Millions of them, day in, day out, carrying people to work, to school, racing, touring the world. Funnily enough, they worked even before the invention of clipless pedals...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We have pedals a bit like that (They are broad BMX pedals) on our work trikes. Grip is fine. In fact, I can actually lift the pedal with the sole of my foot just by angling it slightly.

If the rider likes the look, and they work (which we don't know yet), then they are right. You're all a lot of road bike snobs.
BMX=ers have no problem bunny hopping on a bike with pedals like that so grip isn't an issue.

HovR

Über Member

I like my knitted woolen shorts, thank you very much.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a ride on my Steel Dawes sporting toe clips! And I won't be wearing lycra! :rolleyes:

screenman

Legendary Member
Arch, so did gas street lights and the horse and cart, which is the rea those pedals belong in when compared with that bike.

screenman

Legendary Member
Hovr, toe clips, well at least you are making the move towards being clipped in.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Choose the pedal that works for you, not the pedal other "experts" say you should have.

Hear hear.

I was once sitting next to Mike Burrows in the pub, and mentioned that I'd changed the bars on my FCR (which he designed) from dead flat to some with a bit of curve and rise. He punched me playfully in the ribs and said "What for!".

"Because they suit me better".

"Fair enough!"

Just ride the bike.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The other half wanted some better looking pedals for her road bike, and i found these see below, they look great on the bike a bit more racy than some others,
The pedals might well work really well for the OP's OH, and be perfectly fit for her purpose, but the OP was inviting us to enjoy the look of them. Some of us disagree with his opinion, and feel that the design is more appropriate to a MTB. Bit like wearing trainers with a suit I suppose - thats all. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

Top Bottom