Bling and Functional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If they work for the OP's wife, then that is the sole criterion. It is really bigotted to opine that a road bike deserves only clipless road pedals. I have similar pedals on three of my bikes and they suit me really well. When I bought my latest bike I was told by the shop that I should not put MTB SPD pedals on a road bike; it needed SPD SLs and nothing else. It still wears the MTB pedals and it will for all time. Plough your own furrow!

screenman

Legendary Member
I would say if you do not want opinions then do not post on a forum.

screenman

Legendary Member
I still think they belong on a BMX.

Socks and sandal's spring to my mind.

Sorry but each time I see those pictures it shouts wrong to me.

screenman

Legendary Member
They still look wrong on that bike, it is a sporting bike and deserves the correct pedals.

They certainly do not look funky. PERIOD

I am not against flat pedals far from it, they have a place on the same type of bikes that have rod brakes and wire front baskets.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hear thee, hear thee... In the Kingdom of Biketopia, any citizens caught riding their road bike on flat pedals shall be flogged and put in the stocks for they are breaking the law of the land...

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Hear thee, hear thee... In the Kingdom of Biketopia, any citizens caught riding their road bike on flat pedals shall be flogged and put in the stocks for they are breaking the law of the land...
That's not the point - we were asked to agree that the pedals looked good on that bike - they don't. Imagine Look Keos on a BMX - they would work, but IMHO wouldn't look right.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Perhaps I'm wrong - I have just looked up 'bling' -
bling

noun
expensive and flashy jewelry, clothing, or other possessions.
the flaunting of such possessions or the flashy lifestyle associated with it.
adjective
flashy; ostentatious.
  [bling] Show IPA Slang .
and they are functional

She falls of her bike with normal pedals, if she gets spd or look clipless i will have to keep stopping to pick her up, i tried them out on the street and they have plenty of grip, she likes the look of them and that's fine by me,^_^

All you need now is one of these to match the pedals!

lb_ice12_vortex_plus.jpg

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Perhaps I'm wrong - I have just looked up 'bling' -
bling

noun
expensive and flashy jewelry, clothing, or other possessions.
the flaunting of such possessions or the flashy lifestyle associated with it.
adjective
flashy; ostentatious.
  [bling] Show IPA Slang .
and they are functional

You need to get out more.^_^

Top Bottom