Blinging my road bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
I am looking for suggestions on how to add some bling to my black Triban RC500.

I am thinking adding some colour by changing the stem bolts, headset cap and spacers and bar end caps and bar tape to orange.

I had a look, and it is possible to find each of the bits separately, but not being part of a set there's no guarantee that they will all be the same colour. Is what I am trying to do feasible or should I stay with black?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Who is it that built their Bianchi with orange bits? They might know. How about cable outers? I think Vittoria do Rubino tyres in silly colours too.

OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
Who is it that built their Bianchi with orange bits? They might know. How about cable outers? I think Vittoria do Rubino tyres in silly colours too.
Ah, thanks, had forgotten about the Bianchi, was it @JhnBssll? I think the bits I mentioned are as far as I would change, there's a reason I bought a black bike :blush:.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
ebay-AE0210003X8.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1622914892141.png

davidphilips

Veteran
Seen one cyclist add bling to his bike just by a visit to a £1 shop bought a £1 packet of electrical tape (there where 4 small rolls in a packet of different colours) then all he did was ad some strips to seat tube etc.
The advantage he said was both cost plus very easy to remove if or when he wanted?

Tenkaykev

Guru
Nail varnish comes with a handy applicator brush and is quite hardwearing. Just try not to bump into any of your mates or their wives while you are rummaging through the shelves in Superdrug / Boots.

OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
Don't forget coloured valve cap covers.
QR levers.
Seat pin bolt.
Depending on the model you can get lever hoods in colours other than black.
I did look for hoods, but it doesn't look like any of the sora are available in anything other than black, unless I missed something.

Top Bottom