Blinging my road bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I found orange a tricky one to match with anodising - there are two or 3 common shades and different manufacturers use different ones :laugh: I ended up using largely Hope parts then found a similar RAL colour and bought some spray paint, this allowed me to colour match a few more random bits and pieces too but is obviously a bit more effort than replacing black bits with orange bits and it's harder to go back if you change your mind :laugh:

Reactions: C R
🎶 .....like a rhinestone cowboy........🎶

1622939962236.png

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
My lockdown project last year involved attaching (predominantly) red bits to my Dolan. Red being the fastest colour, and me needing all the help I can get.

Red anodised alu seems to be consistent, so it all matches & goes well with black. I'm currently accumulating parts for a Ti frame build, and you can get some amazing/utterly tacky (delete according to taste) stuff - if you don't mind waiting for it to come from China...
1622940228836.png

I don't mind. :biggrin:

Tenkaykev

Guru
True - but it does have red jockey wheels since the pic was taken.

Also - too much?
View attachment 592452
Naaah. :tongue:
I have a similar chain on my red/ black Brommie. It was “ reassuringly expensive” and not supposed to work due to it being 11 speed. A bit of trial and error with the chain pusher and it does change ok, though I have to hold the lever in place for a couple of seconds when changing up. I also fitted red/ black brake pads, you can’t really see them, but I know that they are there 😉

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Eccentric-Goldgenie-24K-Gold-Racing-Bicycle-WP.jpg

I'll look forward to seeing you ride around Worcester on this very soon...

OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
My lockdown project last year involved attaching (predominantly) red bits to my Dolan. Red being the fastest colour, and me needing all the help I can get.

View attachment 592384

Red anodised alu seems to be consistent, so it all matches & goes well with black. I'm currently accumulating parts for a Ti frame build, and you can get some amazing/utterly tacky (delete according to taste) stuff - if you don't mind waiting for it to come from China...
View attachment 592387
I don't mind. :biggrin:
Following your advice, I've ordered some red stem bolts, a red headset cap, red spacers, and of course, red valve caps. It will give me an idea of how consistent the colours are and how it will look before going any further.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
20210607_192222.jpg
So here's the result of my first try, colours from different sources match reasonably well. I know what you are thinking, and all is in hand, a red cap bolt has been ordered and is arriving today. I have already suitably chastised myself for the oversight.

This is probably enough bling for the time being, once the bar tape is due for change I may add some more colour.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
View attachment 592782 So here's the result of my first try, colours from different sources match reasonably well. I know what you are thinking, and all is in hand, a red cap bolt has been ordered and is arriving today. I have already suitably chastised myself for the oversight.

This is probably enough bling for the time being, once the bar tape is due for change I may add some more colour.
1623158469602.png

Top Bottom