Bloody DIYers and power gardners!!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Debian, 12 Apr 2010.

1. Debian

Debian New Member

Here we go again.

As soon as any nice weather comes along then out come all the Sunday DIY and gardening brigade! I try and spend a bit of time relaxing in the garden and all I can hear is the banshee wailing of slab cutters and chainsaws, the irritating buzzing of electric mowers and strimmers allied with the continuous staccato accompaniment of hammering and sawing, etc! :laugh:

Take time off work and do these things in the week. Cut your lawn on a weekday evening, or at least on a Saturday.

Leave Sunday alone for those who would just like to relax and chill out!

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

The caravans were all getting a good hoovering out aswell, they'll be unleashed on the roads soon.

3. XmisterIS

XmisterIS Purveyor of fine nonsense

Bah! Humbug. Bloody Christmas!

4. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

We ought to have a civil code banning the use of power tools after a certain time, like many civilised countries do.

5. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

Got a new lawn mower :laugh: on Saturday and gave it a good workout straight away. Bit of hedge trimming too. :smile:

Power tools - can't beat 'em!!

6. Chrisc

Chrisc Über Member

This was my rant yesterday too. Power planers, 2 stroke motorbike, lawn mowers, guy with a mini digger in his back garden burying his wife...good grief!
    Time to vote to keep sunday quiet.

7. If only we all lived 'next door' to ourselves the world would be a perfect place.

8. Norm

Norm Guest

Until you tell people that they have laws banning the use of such things on a Sunday in other parts of western Europe and you get looked at as if you've said they still have the death penalty.

Right up to the point on Sunday that we get fed up with the nagging and start doing something around the house or garden. :laugh:

9. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Doesn't seem to matter where you go nowadays, there's always some twunt with an engine spoiling the place. If it's not the seaside and the fat jeep-driving small-willy-ed jetski enthusiast, it's the moors and some pillock trying to kill himself in a microlight. It's impossible to find peace and quiet these days.

10. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Veteran

My only satisfaction in life is getting the petrol mower out the morning after my neighbours have had a party. 8.00 am or thereabouts. Then the strimmer. Some tile cutting afterwards. Maybe a little light pruning with an electric saw........

11. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

all i can hear is the hum of my pc :laugh:

12. OP
    OP
    Debian

Debian New Member

Have to agree with you on this as well. One selfish pillock tooling around in a microlight ruins the peace and quiet over a hundred square miles of countryside.

13. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

14. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

If you're troubled by microlights get a blunderbuss...

Blundbus.jpg

15. Norm

Norm Guest

[zen]It is very possible to find peace and quiet, it is nothing to do with what is going on around you.[/zen]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice