Bloody DIYers and power gardners!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Here we go again.

As soon as any nice weather comes along then out come all the Sunday DIY and gardening brigade! I try and spend a bit of time relaxing in the garden and all I can hear is the banshee wailing of slab cutters and chainsaws, the irritating buzzing of electric mowers and strimmers allied with the continuous staccato accompaniment of hammering and sawing, etc! :laugh:

Take time off work and do these things in the week. Cut your lawn on a weekday evening, or at least on a Saturday.

Leave Sunday alone for those who would just like to relax and chill out!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
The caravans were all getting a good hoovering out aswell, they'll be unleashed on the roads soon.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We ought to have a civil code banning the use of power tools after a certain time, like many civilised countries do.

Chrisc

Guru
Debian said:
Here we go again.

As soon as any nice weather comes along then out come all the Sunday DIY and gardening brigade! I try and spend a bit of time relaxing in the garden and all I can hear is the banshee wailing of slab cutters and chainsaws, the irritating buzzing of electric mowers and strimmers allied with the continuous staccato accompaniment of hammering and sawing, etc! :laugh:

Take time off work and do these things in the week. Cut your lawn on a weekday evening, or at least on a Saturday.

Leave Sunday alone for those who would just like to relax and chill out!

This was my rant yesterday too. Power planers, 2 stroke motorbike, lawn mowers, guy with a mini digger in his back garden burying his wife...good grief!
Time to vote to keep sunday quiet.

Norm

Until you tell people that they have laws banning the use of such things on a Sunday in other parts of western Europe and you get looked at as if you've said they still have the death penalty.

Aperitif said:
If only we all lived 'next door' to ourselves the world would be a perfect place.
Right up to the point on Sunday that we get fed up with the nagging and start doing something around the house or garden. :laugh:

Doesn't seem to matter where you go nowadays, there's always some twunt with an engine spoiling the place. If it's not the seaside and the fat jeep-driving small-willy-ed jetski enthusiast, it's the moors and some pillock trying to kill himself in a microlight. It's impossible to find peace and quiet these days.

ChrisKH

Guru
My only satisfaction in life is getting the petrol mower out the morning after my neighbours have had a party. 8.00 am or thereabouts. Then the strimmer. Some tile cutting afterwards. Maybe a little light pruning with an electric saw........

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Twenty Inch said:
Doesn't seem to matter where you go nowadays, there's always some twunt with an engine spoiling the place. If it's not the seaside and the fat jeep-driving small-willy-ed jetski enthusiast, it's the moors and some pillock trying to kill himself in a microlight. It's impossible to find peace and quiet these days.

Have to agree with you on this as well. One selfish pillock tooling around in a microlight ruins the peace and quiet over a hundred square miles of countryside.

mr Mag00

rising member
victor-meldrew.jpg
imgres

Norm

Twenty Inch said:
It's impossible to find peace and quiet these days.
[zen]It is very possible to find peace and quiet, it is nothing to do with what is going on around you.[/zen]

Top Bottom