Bloody DIYers and power gardners!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Rhythm Thief said:
I have to say I'm in agreement with those who think leaf blowers are a ridiculous idea. Why is it so important to move fallen leaves from one place to another?
So everyone gets a chance to revel in their beauty? :wacko:

tyred

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I'm going to invent a similar device for cleaning the house. Instead of sucking up dust, like a normal vacuum cleaner, it will blast out a jet of air which will simply blow the dust around a bit.:tongue:

That's all a normal vacuum cleaner really does anyway. It traps the large chunks of fibre it has pulled out of your carpet and the small dust particles get redistributed.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You can borrow Mrs Ian.. she's a dab hand at pushing the dust from side of the shelf/table/windowsill to the other...

Rhythm Thief said:
I'm going to invent a similar device for cleaning the house. Instead of sucking up dust, like a normal vacuum cleaner, it will blast out a jet of air which will simply blow the dust around a bit.:tongue:

zacklaws

Guru
You can't beat a good garden fire either when the neighbours have ruined your sleep when your on night shifts and your after revenge.

Wait till a nice hot humid day, wind in right direction, and light it, plenty of green stuff on and listen to them windows slam shut, let em stew in their hot houses with no fresh air circulating.

Or just light it after they have hung their washing out.

postman

Legendary Member
The Sun and all it's joy .Was spoiled by barking dogs .

zacklaws said:
You can't beat a good garden fire either when the neighbours have ruined your sleep when your on night shifts and your after revenge.

I remember when I lived in a flat in Wolverhampton, I used to start work at two or three in the morning. One night I went off to bed at around six in preparation for getting up at one o'clock, only to be woken up an hour or so later by the downstairs neighbour's telly, which didn't have to be very loud for me to hear it through the floor. I was all set to go stomping downstairs and to ask them to turn it down, when it occurred to me that seven o'clock at night was a perfectly reasonable time to watch the telly:biggrin:.
You have to remember when you work nights that it's you that's out of step with the world and that it's perhaps a little unreasonable to expect everyone to spend the day in silence because you're trying to sleep.
I'm off to bed in a minute, by the way: just got in from a night shift.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

philipbh said:
See also the obesity thread - if we spent more time doing quiet manual labour instead of using these labour saving power tools - we'd all (all?) be a lot fitter and slimmer no doubt.

Hypocritically yours...;)

I'm sure we would. For every small task now it seems the answer is to pick up a power tool. Most times the reason is laziness.

I remember, back in the day, that I could quite happily doze off in the garden to the sound of the neighbours mowing the lawn with a pushalong cylinder mower, and clipping the privet hedge with a pair of shears - quite hypnotic rythmic sounds as opposed to the banshee, seemingly 100dB wailing of electric hover mowers, strimmers and hedge trimmers.

Top Bottom