Bloody DIYers and power gardners!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Debian

Debian

tyred said:
Okay, I'll just nip out to tune the carbs on the AC Cobra. I'll have to test then by revving the nuts of it ;)

I know what you mean but generally, car servicing is a quiet activity apart from the occasional "Oh ****" when a knuckle gets skinned :wacko:. Even when you do have to rev the engine it's generally only for a relatively short time.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

redddraggon said:
People can't do stuff around the house without power tools these days. I thought that was the theme of the thread :wacko:

I find I can cook meals, wash the cars and do the ironing without too much in the way of power tool use ;). Unless you class a gas cooker and a steam iron as power tools.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
There was no kneed to post that picture :wacko:

Aperitif said:
Talking of Germany being quiet - you have to watch out because there is no ban on Leiderhosen slapping.
It used to drive me up the Berlin wall - day and nacht! ;)

Lederhosen385_403463a.jpg

Shaun

Founder
I think there should be a time limit for using power tools on a Sunday - between 11am and 3pm - not before, not after. That way we'd all get a good lie-in and the music for our late afternoon BBQ's would be on just about the time everyone turned off their leaf blowers!! :wacko:

Oh, and can someone tell me how the inventor of the leaf blower ever managed to sell the idea: "Erm, yeah, well, you start this noisy engine - it blows air out the end - sort of like a vaccum cleaner in reverse - and then you point it at the leaves and blow them into next door's garden!" - "Impressed?"

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

zacklaws

Guru
Bongman said:
I have a neighbour who for some reason always has wood that needs cutting. He always uses a very loud power tool of some description to do it.

Whenever the weather is nice enough to have the windows open, its nice enough for him to continue his wood cutting.

It does get a bit frustrating, but at least he stops when it gets dark.

Bloody hell, he must be related to my neighbour.

>>>>How on earth do the Germans manage I wonder when all power tool use is banned on Sundays? Most of Germany seems to be in much better nick than the UK so they seem to be able to manage their building, DIY, car servicing OK by doing it all on the other six days a week, or on a Sunday without power tools. <<<<

Why does Germany want power tools, when they want a bit of DIY doing, they start a World War, get flattened and then get rebuilt. Did Hitler not state at some point that "in 5 years, you will not recognise your homes" or something like that. About the only thing he got right.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Admin said:
Oh, and can someone tell me how the inventor of the leaf blower ever managed to sell the idea: "Erm, yeah, well, you start this noisy engine - it blows air out the end - sort of like a vaccum cleaner in reverse - and then you point it at the leaves and blow them into next door's garden!" - "Impressed?"

Did they invent the leaf vacuum and sold that first - when these proved to be a PIA due to clogging with wet leaves, they pitched up with the blower version as the next big thing in "airborne arborial litter management solutions"

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Admin said:

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

Indeed.

How on earth did we all manage when we all actually had to hand rake all the fallen leaves up? :wacko: Just think of the hard work and exercise involved.... the blisters... the aching arms.... ;)

Norm

You saying that you can't get out on the bike because the family expects you to do stuff around the house, when that is pretty much what this thread has been about.

Shades of grey, Debian, it's all just shades of grey.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Norm said:
You saying that you can't get out on the bike because the family expects you to do stuff around the house, when that is pretty much what this thread has been about.

Shades of grey, Debian, it's all just shades of grey.

I thought the subject of the thread was using power tools on a Sunday. Where have I mentioned that I'm against cooking, cleaning and ironing before...??? :wacko: ;) :laugh:

And I didn't say I can't get out on the bike on a Sunday - just not ALL day.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Debian said:
Indeed.

How on earth did we all manage when we all actually had to hand rake all the fallen leaves up? ;) Just think of the hard work and exercise involved.... the blisters... the aching arms.... :laugh:

See also the obesity thread - if we spent more time doing quiet manual labour instead of using these labour saving power tools - we'd all (all?) be a lot fitter and slimmer no doubt.

Hypocritically yours...:wacko:

Top Bottom