Blue Mini HS03 FXF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

I am surprised that there are cyclists who think this kind of appalling driving is acceptable. The driver should have waited for the vehicle in front, the cyclist (whether you apologists for Clarksonite driving like it or not, bicycles ARE vehicles), to clear the junction before turning in.

I also find it surprising, that you....find this type of cycling acceptable.

lukesdad

If you follow the doctrine that this is my bit of road and Im sticking to it. You cannot expect other road users to act any differently can you ?

lukesdad

I am surprised that there are cyclists who think this kind of appalling driving is acceptable. The driver should have waited for the vehicle in front, the cyclist (whether you apologists for Clarksonite driving like it or not, bicycles ARE vehicles), to clear the junction before turning in.

If you are referring to me I have not commented on the driving only the cycling.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I find this disheartening for a number of reasons... that people have argued against what seems pretty clearcut, and that this has gone to 9 pages. That others on the forums are so casual about how close drivers will come to them or cut in front of them.

It kind of makes myself, and I'm sure others will wonder the same, if some of us who have campaigned for safer conditions have been wasting our time? If you really struggle to empathise with the situation presented then there is something wrong. I certainly dont want to come on here and read that any of the against's on here have suddenly been hit by a driver because they dont understand best practice (primary through pinch points), or that someone has been forced to give up cycling because they've been left hooked.

That driver didnt know the distance between herself and the bike. They were taking a gamble, either that the cyclist would slow/stop, or that they had just enough space. That is if they'd even noticed the cyclist in the first place given the hand gestures.

EBC

(I'm now unsubscribing to yet another thread that I thought was pretty clearcut)

lukesdad

I find this disheartening for a number of reasons... that people have argued against what seems pretty clearcut, and that this has gone to 9 pages. That others on the forums are so casual about how close drivers will come to them or cut in front of them.

It kind of makes myself, and I'm sure others will wonder the same, if some of us who have campaigned for safer conditions have been wasting our time? If you really struggle to empathise with the situation presented then there is something wrong. I certainly dont want to come on here and read that any of the against's on here have suddenly been hit by a driver because they dont understand best practice (primary through pinch points), or that someone has been forced to give up cycling because they've been left hooked.

That driver didnt know the distance between herself and the bike. They were taking a gamble, either that the cyclist would slow/stop, or that they had just enough space. That is if they'd even noticed the cyclist in the first place given the hand gestures.

EBC

(I'm now unsubscribing to yet another thread that I thought was pretty clearcut)

"That driver didn t even see the second cyclist " Her attention was focused on the OP wrongly of course.

lukesdad

Seriously? If it is good enough for the Institute of Advanced Motorists, then it is good enough for me.

http://www.iam.org.u...anesaysiam.html

also

http://road.cc/conte...laim-their-lane

Thats your choice to make. Ill stick with focusing on the road Im riding on thanks.

Manonabike

Über Member

EBC

Downfader, Any campaign for safer driving is welcome in my view. I don't condone what the driver of this Mini did, however, I felt the OP exaggerated the situation. Maybe one gets to see too many dangerous driving maneuvers that when faced with a situation like OP described one cannot see the danger.
I've watched the video several times and still feel the first and some of the following posts are an over reaction.... an attitude that might set us further behind in the struggle to gain respect on the road.

</h3><h3 class="r">

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Thats a bloody great hole is it ? We must have canyons round here then !

Screenshot.png

It's more than big enough to warrant moving out to go around it even if there weren't a pinch point there. As it is, there are at least three separate reasons for being out in the carriageway at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom