Boardman and Halfords??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sturmey_Hub

Sturmey_Hub

Ăśber Member
That's great thanks. Never seen it in blue though🤔 only in black or yellow. I'll give it a go.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's great thanks. Never seen it in blue though🤔 only in black or yellow. I'll give it a go.
Cheaper in pink
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14374824...rentrq:20b0f5da17b0a49d85f17e29ffeae0b0|iid:1

GeekDadZoid

Ăśber Member
It’s strange though my local store has no boardman helmets when they used to have loads whereas now the shelf is full of lazer so wonder if they’ve changed suppliers for certain bits

Halfords own Boardman (the bike company not Chris) so it's probably more down to supply than anything else.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not much bike stock at all in my local Halfords. I think you can click and collect for free though if you can find what you want on their site.

I love how they make this sound like they are doing you a favour, by allowing you to check their stock for them, then go to one of their shops and pick up something they are selling, and they won't charge you extra? Wow, the generosity! :wacko:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Anyway, OP @Sturmey_Hub , I would steer clear of Hal-fords and go for Cinelli cork tape. Very comfortable in use, durable, and easy to fit. Available in a wide range of colours too. Link.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
I love how they make this sound like they are doing you a favour, by allowing you to check their stock for them, then go to one of their shops and pick up something they are selling, and they won't charge you extra? Wow, the generosity! :wacko:
I think what he meant was that you can get it delivered to your local stoire for free, rather than just being able to clcik ans collect on something already in store there.

Though if so, I haven't found out how :sad:

Halfords are certainly still selling some Boardman stuff though, as I bought a new pair of Boardman pedals from them during the week.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think what he meant was that you can get it delivered to your local stoire for free, rather than just being able to clcik ans collect on something already in store there.

Though if so, I haven't found out how :sad:

Halfords are certainly still selling some Boardman stuff though, as I bought a new pair of Boardman pedals from them during the week.
Just do an online order? If it’s in the store you can get that, if not but in stock remotely, they’ll bring it in from the warehouse. The expected date available in store will suggest which

Alex321

Veteran
Just do an online order? If it’s in the store you can get that, if not but in stock remotely, they’ll bring it in from the warehouse. The expected date available in store will suggest which
Ah, yes. I had assumed that a date some time away on click and collect meant that was when stock would be arriving generally. I hadn't thought that would mean it being transferred specifically for your order.

So presumably when it says "Not available in your 5 local stores" that means they don't have any warehouse stock to transfer.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah, yes. I had assumed that a date some time away on click and collect meant that was when stock would be arriving generally. I hadn't thought that would mean it being transferred specifically for your order.

So presumably when it says "Not available in your 5 local stores" that means they don't have any warehouse stock to transfer.
I guess so

Big T

Guru
In my experience with Halfords, the Click and Collect price is often cheaper than the In-store price. I’ve bought Gatorskin tyres and Shimano cleats and both times they were cheaper on line, but you could go and collect in store.

vickster

Legendary Member
In my experience with Halfords, the Click and Collect price is often cheaper than the In-store price. I’ve bought Gatorskin tyres and Shimano cleats and both times they were cheaper on line, but you could go and collect in store.
They will match their online price in store I believe

Big T

Guru
They will match their online price in store I believe

Yes, but only if you ask. They are quite happy to charge you the full shelf quoted price, unless you point out that it’s cheaper on their website. I don’t see why they can’t just have one price.

Yes, but only if you ask. They are quite happy to charge you the full shelf quoted price, unless you point out that it’s cheaper on their website. I don’t see why they can’t just have one price.
More profit ?

Top Bottom