Boardman Road Sport Specialized build and more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
As promised, the new forks complete with steerer tube cut to the correct length.
20230209_134121.jpg

20230209_134134.jpg

Wadda ya think?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
me like :smile:
more importantly does it fit you now ?

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
does it fit you now ?
Definitely getting there. I've got to attack this from both sides, firstly get the geometry in the right area and second, get me cycle fit in the core strength department to eliminate some of the aches and pains caused by a sedentary lifestyle and my chronic health problems.
Well, the geometry is about right, bar a few tweaks, so it's just a case of getting my core strength sorted now.

You know what @Aluminum Falcon, you might be able to reduce your reach by a cm or so if you move your shifters up the drops slightly, it looks like they are not a straight transition from the tops to the hoods. Most bike fitter either advise a slight upward curve or level.

Also your saddle looks to be pointing quite a few degrees down. Angle is usually best measured on a flat section of the saddle so it might just be style.

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
You know what @Aluminum Falcon, you might be able to reduce your reach by a cm or so if you move your shifters up the drops slightly, it looks like they are not a straight transition from the tops to the hoods. Most bike fitter either advise a slight upward curve or level.
20221226_134703.jpg

As you can see, the shifters are as high as they can go.

Also your saddle looks to be pointing quite a few degrees down
Yes it does look to be pointing downhill but it is comfortable. Any flatter and it starts to be uncomfortable.

Are they carbon, if so fair enough as that area is usually reinforced.

If not, they could be shuffled up a bit still, just ignore the white line markings.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Are they carbon, if so fair enough as that area is usually reinforced.

If not, they could be shuffled up a bit still, just ignore the white line markings.

looks to me like they should be a bit higher , the scooped out bit near the curve at the top would look like its supposed to be for the forearm to sit on although from wiggles own piccie you dont look far off tbh
-Doyenne-Aero-Handlebar-Aero-Bars-Black-PDAH440-15.jpg

Top Bottom